Current Page: 1 of 2
The Doddie Weir Stand
Posted by: Andy Mac (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2019 18:48

Please comment with a ‘+1’ if you think the club should rename one of the stands to the ‘Doddie Weir Stand’ in honour of the great man.

smiling smiley

Re: The Doddie Weir Stand
Posted by: RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2019 18:54

+1 on this thread

Posted by: Stewart (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2019 19:23

Great idea for a Falcons legend and an inspirational man in his battle against MND +1

Posted by: iainsr (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2019 20:46

+1

Posted by: A tramp abroad (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2019 21:08

+ 1

Posted by: DJMc (IP Logged)
Date: 14 December, 2019 21:25

+ 1

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2019 07:49

+1

Posted by: stuart66 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2019 08:17

+1

Posted by: TIGHT HEED (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2019 10:42

I agree. And we should announce it on 28th

Crouch...Touch.Pause...Engage...http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/141072721175.gif

Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2019 20:50

+2 (the missus doesn't post in here but agrees)

Posted by: No.8 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2019 22:10

+1

Posted by: rubyrhone (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2019 22:39

+1

Posted by: The Boyfriend (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2019 11:21

+1, definitely. And, please Falcons, do it quickly.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2019 12:32

+1.

I originally hoped the new North Stand would be named to honour the Tartan Giraffe, but on reflection, I would be all for naming the South Stand, surely one of the greatest, proudest & loudest stands in British rugby, after the lanky Jock.

I honestly do not think there could be a better name for the South Stand, and to receive my season ticket for 2020/21 for the Doddie Weir Stand would make me feel very proud, & somehow it would just be right.

Posted by: Swift Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2019 12:33

+1

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2019 18:38

Quote:
Monkey1
+1.
I originally hoped the new North Stand would be named to honour the Tartan Giraffe, but on reflection, I would be all for naming the South Stand, surely one of the greatest, proudest & loudest stands in British rugby, after the lanky Jock.

I honestly do not think there could be a better name for the South Stand, and to receive my season ticket for 2020/21 for the Doddie Weir Stand would make me feel very proud, & somehow it would just be right.

Brill idea, Monko. I'd love to stand in the Doddie.

Posted by: Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 December, 2019 20:51

Just managed to find some WiFi out here in the desert and watch Doddies acceptance speech on SPOTY.
The dignity of the great man and his fighting spirit is absolutely inspirational. These are qualities that we hope inspire and epitomise the spirit within our team, club and supporters.
I understand that the designation of stands can be used for financial gain through naming them after companies, but whilst I would not wish the club to be deprived of a much needed revenue stream , this seems a truly fantastic opportunity to honour Doddie and given the fund raising conducted by the club with ‘The Big One’ matches To date and the selling of merchandising it seems Only right to name a stand after him.
And given this recent award , the sooner this is announced the better.
Merry Christmas one and all!!

Posted by: Davidten31 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 December, 2019 07:26

+2 as my missus doesnt post on here but is a season ticket holder, This would be a fantastic gesture by the club for the Legend. Come on Newcastle Falcons make this happen.

Posted by: JustAnotherOnlooker (IP Logged)
Date: 17 December, 2019 09:13

+1

Posted by: limpopo (IP Logged)
Date: 17 December, 2019 11:44

+1

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net