Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Newcastle Falcons v Ampthill 2 Feb Teams Up
Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 14:21

I thought we were fantastic 1st half and put the game to bed and then probably eased of a tad but what can you do ? Can only get 5 points from a game tbf.

i Know its not pretty but guess theyre doing their job well and i think we'll go unbeaten.

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 15:59

Quote:
AJfalc
I think it was the Amphhill 1st try in the second half, a lineout near the south stand, the referee stops play before the ball is thrown in and warns the falcons about something. On resuming play the lineout is set again, referee gives a penalty against us, taken quickly and they score.
I take it that we ignored the referees warning and committed the same offence?
This 7 points and the interception pass in our 22 we were guilty of shooting ourselves in the foot at times.

There were 2 elements to it.

He asked the Falcons to come up to the line and maintain the gap
He also asked our Hooker to step to his right and into the gap.

They didnít
So he stopped play and told them to do it.

They didnít so he penalised us for it.

The ref and touch judges were excellent in their communications all game both between themselves and what they were telling the players.

Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 19:01

Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic and itís honestly not a moan about youngsters getting a game! Was reading something at work when on my lunch about our promising youngsters (of which thereís a lot) and Josh Basham was mentioned.

I remember when he signed him it was quite a coup and LIrish supports werenít over pleased however I donít recall seeing his name this season. Is he completing his studies this season? Just wondering.

Posted by: markismith50 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 19:50

Josh is at Durham Uni and trains around his studies. Played for our seconds the other week in Melrose.

Posted by: Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 21:21

Itís all about individual management and nurturing where the younger players are concerned for me.
The management see them day in day out and Iím sure that they will introduce them to some game time as they feel appropriate when they are ready.

Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2020 13:17

Thanks Smithy. Like I say, it wasn't a moan I was just suddenly aware I hadn't seen his name for a while.

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2020 15:10

Well im going to stop commenting on the actual peformances.

Won...another step towards promotion.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net