Most concourse bars card-only on Sunday
Posted by: markismith50 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 15:42

Hi all, just thought I'd flag up the following message, which I have been asked to spread ahead of this weekend:

Supporters attending Sunday's game against Cornish Pirates are advised that, as a trial, the concourse bars will be predominantly card-only, with only one till on each bar accepting cash payments. Signs will explain which tills are cash or card.

As always, constructive feedback is welcome after the game as to how this went. And if there are any specific issues on the day, please speak to the bar staff or bar supervisors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 18:23 by Monkey1.

Re: Most concourse bars cash-only on Sunday
Posted by: Yorksfalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 17:18

This appears to be a contradiction Mark.

Re: Most concourse bars cash-only on Sunday
Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 17:37

I think the title should be card only
Either way this has my backing as I rarely carry cash, I use my card/contactless fit pretty much every day to day purchase
As long as the staff know how to set up the payment machines & the WIFI has a strong signal this won’t be a problem

Re: Most concourse bars card-only on Sunday
Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 18:27

I have corrected your erroneous title Smithy.

Personally I prefer cash, especially when the technology fails, so I always have the stuff on my person. On a few occasions the internet/system/machines have stopped working, then suddenly cash is most welcome.

Personally I think removing customer options is generally a bad idea. Unless you have serious problems handling cash it is best to offer a bit of customer service by not removing choice.

Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 18:29

Cash will still be accepted just at limited tills
I agree if technology fails there will be problems and the club ultimately lose out

Date: 11 February, 2020 19:00

Thanks Monkey, appreciate the correction.

Posted by: matt1il (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 20:18

Having been at trial events at Wembley & Edgbaston I'd suggest people take cash also, as it actually meant the system crashing more often. Not a dig at Falcons' just my experience of stadiums trying it out for first time.

Date: 12 February, 2020 13:47

Apologies for the mixed messages, guys, but after some internal discussions it has been decided to postpone this trial. So it will be business as usual this weekend, with all payment methods accepted as before. Once again, sorry for the confusion.

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 15:24

Why not make it a free bar Smithy and avoid all confusion?

Date: 12 February, 2020 16:24

Now there's an idea!

Posted by: alas (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 20:20

Makes sense to trial it with smaller numbers like the cup game against London Scottish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net