Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Newcastle Falcons v Cornish Pirates 16 FEB - Teams Up
Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 17:54

That was a bitter cold day out there and the match was on tv

So it was great to see 6300 people there.

Well done to all who worked hard to get that crowd out and well done to all who braved the cold.

I was never more grateful for a hot car on the way home.

Posted by: trummy200 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 19:06

Quote:
telfs123
Best performance of the season. Intensity dropped a bit in the last 25, but being up 33-0 will do that to you. First half was excellent, Pirates had no clue how to defend anything we did, and couldn't get anything going in attack.
Connon has to keep the 10 shirt now, we look so much faster with him playing, and with Williams and Wacokecoke filling 12-13 we'll finally be able to play at a high pace. Arscott was excellent, him and Hodge sharing 15 for the rest of the season will be fun.

Only quibble would be replacement 9. I know it was last minute, but would rather see N-K or Pascoe given 20 minutes than Hodgson.

You don't like him do you

Posted by: alas (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 19:07

Good performance, especially the point a minute opening quarter which was virtually error free despite the windy conditions.

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 20:00

Best performance in front of the biggest crowd. My only moan was about the time the PA invited us to walk 500 miles with the Proclaimers instead of the usual suggestion that we gan alang the Scotswood Road. We are Geordies not Jocks.

Posted by: DocA27 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 20:05

Quote:
trummy200
Quote:
telfs123
Best performance of the season. Intensity dropped a bit in the last 25, but being up 33-0 will do that to you. First half was excellent, Pirates had no clue how to defend anything we did, and couldn't get anything going in attack.
Connon has to keep the 10 shirt now, we look so much faster with him playing, and with Williams and Wacokecoke filling 12-13 we'll finally be able to play at a high pace. Arscott was excellent, him and Hodge sharing 15 for the rest of the season will be fun.

Only quibble would be replacement 9. I know it was last minute, but would rather see N-K or Pascoe given 20 minutes than Hodgson.

You don't like him do you

Don't like who? Hodgson? I've called for him to play 10 all season (although happy to be proven wrong with Connon's recent excellent performances). I just think someone who is actually the future of the scrum half position at the club should be getting some game time at scrum half...

Forgive me for such novel thinking.

Posted by: matt1il (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 20:06

Quote:
telfs123

Tbf Takalua was the replacement 9, but Young dropped out and Hodgson was 24th man so not much choice there

Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 20:13

A solid performance
A very good win

Posted by: Marco19819 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 21:20

Excellent win indeed in front of a fantastic crowd. I like connon a lot.

Radwan a joy. Williams, can he stay fit, is as good a centre as you will find and Arscott played really well too. Robinson is a fantastic lock and we can field big nuggets horrible back row forwards with regularity.

Ah you the ideal impact sub and I think blamire will be a big player for the club in the future.

My only issue was that the scrum went down the pipe when trevor came on. I REALLY love Trevor though.

Posted by: Barry555 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 22:15

Much better performance today. Pretty dominant and consistent.

Radwan class. Connon mature. Williams looks back to his best.

I have to say Arscott was immense. One or two iffy decisions running it back from the backfield but even then he was still making yards. If youd have said at the end of last season hed be our most consistent performer Id have laughed in your face after his woeful performances last year. Credit to him for knuckling down and grafting. Hes having a great season!

Posted by: ed.up.north (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 08:10

Quote:
Barry555
Much better performance today. Pretty dominant and consistent.
Radwan class. Connon mature. Williams looks back to his best.

I have to say Arscott was immense. One or two iffy decisions running it back from the backfield but even then he was still making yards. If youd have said at the end of last season hed be our most consistent performer Id have laughed in your face after his woeful performances last year. Credit to him for knuckling down and grafting. Hes having a great season!

I agree. I give him a bit of a hard time but only because I think hes a more natural winger than a fullback. However he was absolutely superb yesterday, a potent attacking threat and to his credit, he looked good defensively as well.

Posted by: AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 08:23

Sounds like a great performance.

Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 08:26

I alwyas thought Hodgson was a better 9 than 10 anyway.

Arscott was MOTM for me , back to his best on that performance. Flood and Williams were good togther , Connon played well too and Takalua was lively also. Peterson had his best game but McGuigan was pick of the forwards IMO. Radwans 1st try showed he's more than just a speedster , he made a trick finish look easy.

Excellent team performance.

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 08:44

Really enjoyable game, especially the first twenty minutes, the guys looked unstoppable. I think Arscott has developed as a player since he joined the club, I thought he had a great game yesterday.

Date: 17 February, 2020 09:09

I have watched the game back last night & this morning and that was by far our best performance of the season, especially in the first half
Arscott and Takalua were very good
Peterson seems to have settled in now and had another good game as did McGuigan
The scrum & line out worked well the majority of the time

Did anyone else notice the building site type containers in the south east corner? Any idea why they are there?

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 09:49

Arscott had a very good game yesterday.

He has played like that for a while now.

In comparison to the Hammer his defence is better and in attack he doesn't run down as many blind alleys as the Hammer did.

Posted by: markismith50 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 10:05

FD, the containers are intended to be used as classrooms for some of our college students.

Posted by: trummy200 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 10:11

Telf- 'Don't like who? Hodgson? I've called for him to play 10 all season'

I appear to have confused you with someone else - I apologise for that.

Date: 17 February, 2020 11:06

Quote:
markismith50
FD, the containers are intended to be used as classrooms for some of our college students.

Cheers Smithy

Posted by: upwardonward (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 11:30

That was a top first half performance played with pace and quick ball. Everyone of them looked up for it. From a very solid pack, I was impressed with Robinson and Peterson who looked a good pairing. Welch who produced some very slick handling, along with Chick had excellent games too.
Radwan is the type of player who will put "bums on seats" and IMO his tackling and general all round physical game has matured with him. Was my MOM .
Connon I have criticised his kicking from hand but today he was first class not only from the tee, but from the hand.
Tane was also impressive and would be my first choice ,especially on the big games .His experience is invaluable.
The tackle of the match was from Rodney which was an absolute belter.I think he sent the guys gum shield to Belsay!
And the pass of the match was Mulipolas scoop backwards and between the legs.Now that was entertainment!
Second half was ok but lets just move on. 9 to go .
Upward and Onward.

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 13:10

Typical...one of the few games ive missed this season and they play like that.

Meh

Current Page: 2 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net