Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Newcastle Falcons v Cornish Pirates 16 FEB - Teams Up
Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 14:35

I hope that isn’t the last we have seen of Takalua in a falcons shirt
Reading between the lines on various social media accounts something is in the offing

Posted by: ed.up.north (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 15:14

Quote:
Falc Dancer
Reading between the lines on various social media accounts something is in the offing

I picked up a reference to the same thing this morning on Facebook but I'm confused because I understood he is only half way through a four year contract?

Date: 17 February, 2020 15:36

Quote:
ed.up.north
Quote:
Falc Dancer

I picked up a reference to the same thing this morning on Facebook but I'm confused because I understood he is only half way through a four year contract?

I heard the rumour about two weeks ago but it seems to have been confirmed on social media
I thought he was under contract as well
I really rate him, disappointing if it’s true

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 15:49

Are you suggesting this is something...with immediate effect ?

Date: 17 February, 2020 15:49

Quote:
Falc Dancer
Quote:
ed.up.north
Quote:
Falc Dancer

I heard the rumour about two weeks ago but it seems to have been confirmed on social media
I thought he was under contract as well
I really rate him, disappointing if it’s true

It would be a huge blow, he is one of the strongest players in our squad and in my view would be the linchpin of a Premiership campaign. Hopefully this is one of the rumours that has no substance.

Posted by: RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 15:53

Signed new 4 year contract in August 2017 so definitely contracted for next year
Would be sorry to see him go buy an immediate departure would leave us very short at 9

Date: 17 February, 2020 16:08

Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Are you suggesting this is something...with immediate effect ?

I don’t know. The club will announce something when there’s something concrete but it seems something is happening

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 16:11

where are these socials you are talking about

Date: 17 February, 2020 16:23

Mainly instagram but Ed said he saw something on Facebook. The stuff on instagram seems absolute concrete

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 16:30

Ah well...if there is something lets hope the club give us the info.

Date: 17 February, 2020 16:30

Quote:
Falc Dancer
Mainly instagram but Ed said he saw something on Facebook. The stuff on instagram seems absolute concrete

Now seeing on Twitter that he’s being linked to Toulon to replace Rhys Webb but again, doesn’t tally with his contract status so hopefully just nonsense. If the club is releasing him early it would be an astonishing decision.

Posted by: RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 16:51

Date: 17 February, 2020 17:21

Quote:
RiponFalcon
http://www.rctoulon.com/joueur/tane-takulua/

Well that looks concrete enough to me
In the same week as the club expect people to part with their money for season tickets
Another high earning top player off the books

Annoyed doesn’t cover how I am feeling right now

Posted by: Siders (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 17:54

Yes looks like a done deal.

I wouldn’t rush to blame the club without the full facts. As much as it could be wage related it might well also be driven by Tane himself, e.g by family circumstances. We’re a rugby club, and I think Tane has given enough to be given some flexibility.

Date: 17 February, 2020 18:11

Quote:
Siders
Yes looks like a done deal.
I wouldn’t rush to blame the club without the full facts. As much as it could be wage related it might well also be driven by Tane himself, e.g by family circumstances. We’re a rugby club, and I think Tane has given enough to be given some flexibility.

I will wait for an official club announcement but as it appears to be Toulon that he’s leaving for who have released Rhys Webb, the club will have been approached to release him
If Tane wanted to go then the club holding him back wouldn’t benefit anyone
Having to use Joel as scrum half cover yesterday tells me that we have issues at 9 and losing Tane weakens us more.
The club have shed a lot of wages this season (Penny, Cooper, Matavesi, Takalua on top of Goneva, Hammersley, Harris, Wilson out on loan) and an idea of what the clubs aims are for next season would be most welcome

Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 18:19

The guy has stayed to help us get back up. If he moves on (is it confirmed?) he’s done his bit to help our promotion. Good luck to him.

Date: 17 February, 2020 18:20

I agree with that.

It’s all speculation, but I’d have thought the French wages and the south of France lifestyle might be a real pull for someone at Tane’s stage of his career.

Date: 17 February, 2020 18:22

The challenge we face though is the incoming signings (if there are any) are surely only going to want to go public once our promotion is mathematically confirmed.

At a guess- I think that’d be close to happening on the day of ‘the big one’

Posted by: lizard118 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 18:24

Wouldn't begrudge him the move. He's been a good servant. He was good the season before last but appeared suffer from a drop of form last season. He's 29 years now and I think we've had the best years out of him.

Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 18:28

Hey Siders, the South of France lifestyle would have suited me at any stage of my career!!

Current Page: 3 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net