Leeds
Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 08 April, 2020 08:43

Read at the weekend that Yorkshire Carnegie are reverting to Leeds. Good to learn. As Leeds they have a history and reputation to live up to. I look forward to the revival of a proper Derby game. Could never get excited by the Falcons v Sharks as a neighbourly tribal encounter. Too much Pennines between us.

Re: Leeds
Posted by: stuart66 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 April, 2020 10:47

totally agree with you dick

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 April, 2020 11:48

I have always called them Leeds, could never get the hang of those other names, so it is good to have them back. The annual trip to Headingley used to be one of the high spots of the season, and it was a pleasure to visit there again this year & see what a tremendous ground it has become. I assume they will stay there, the League club & the cricket support the ground quite nicely, and it is after all their home. I would like to think that one day they will be back.

Posted by: bigfecker (IP Logged)
Date: 08 April, 2020 13:38

How can they afford 100K a year for the ground in Nat1 with zip cash from the RFU?

Posted by: stuart66 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 April, 2020 14:41

in the interview with a club official in the rugby paper he said they were moving but did not say where too

Posted by: limpopo (IP Logged)
Date: 08 April, 2020 15:15

Perhaps to their original home in Kirkstall; Headingley R. F.C.

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2020 10:34

Ive always called them Leeds aswell. Didnt get this Yorkshire rmarketing malarky.

Leeds has a wonderful history...keep it that way,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net