Juan Pablo Socino
Posted by: pityacker (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2020 09:57

Has signed for Saracens on a one year deal.

Re: Juan Pablo Socino
Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2020 12:42

Yeah it was announced quite a while ago Pit. Great signing for them. He was playing in the Spanish second division i believe.

Saracens are winning all the way.

They have let go a number of expensive older guys...loaned out their stars like Ben Earl, Max Mallins etc to Bristol etc to continue their development.

Their seniors like George, Farrell, Itoje, will get the odd game, aswell as England meets, so they'll be fit and perfectly rested...and then they can blood the next generation of kids in the championship...like the Kpoku brothers...monsters in the second rows and Adams Hale the hugely talented prop. etc.

Posted by: pityacker (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2020 13:29

Yes it was rumoured a while ago but it was only officially announced today although he has been training with Saracens for a short while.

Posted by: Leipziger (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2020 17:33

Not bad when you get relegated and sign JPS and Swinson. Although last time we got relegated we signed Rory Lawson.

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2020 10:00

I may be overly sceptical but I still have a jaundiced view of their finances based on prior activity.

Posted by: FalcDancer (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2020 10:18

Quote:
Leipziger
Not bad when you get relegated and sign JPS and Swinson. Although last time we got relegated we signed Rory Lawson.

As well as sign their top players to new long term deals? All a bit strange to me

Date: 21 July, 2020 10:22

They've let quite a few big earners go aswell like Skelton, Kruis, Liam Williams, Barrett, Clark, Figalo, Rhodes etc etc they'll be using alot of their very talented kids in the championship.

I assume Bristol will be paying Earls salary hen he's on loan etc.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 21/07/2020 10:28 by GeordieFalcon.

Posted by: mannin (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2020 11:39

Clark has re-signed and Rhodes still there currently.

Most clubs are doing long-term re-signings to get around the new salary cap once it is in place.

Date: 21 July, 2020 11:55

Ah i didnt realised those had been kept on. I read a report a while a go that they were on their way.

Must have had a change of heart.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2020 12:41

Quote:
mannin
Most clubs are doing long-term re-signings to get around the new salary cap once it is in place.

It was only to be expected I suppose but it has still utterly destroyed any hopes I had for honesty & transparency in the Premiership. Before the ink has even dried on the Myners report which the clubs all claimed they would respect in full, one of them finds a loophole and all those who could afford to jump through it did so without any care or hesitation.

It stinks, and PRL need to get a grip.

Posted by: Leipziger (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2020 15:22

Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
mannin

It was only to be expected I suppose but it has still utterly destroyed any hopes I had for honesty & transparency in the Premiership. Before the ink has even dried on the Myners report which the clubs all claimed they would respect in full, one of them finds a loophole and all those who could afford to jump through it did so without any care or hesitation.

It stinks, and PRL need to get a grip.

Don't hold your breath on it happening though, administration of rugby has generally been poor throughout the whole pro era.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2020 18:47

You are being very generous Leipy, describing it merely as poor. P..s poor would be a step in the right direction, but I could go much worse.

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 22 July, 2020 09:18

I still think it's just a matter of time before the whole thing falls apart. If no-one wants to be open and honest eventually the house of cards will fall IMHO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net