Newcastle Rugby Foundation awarded major grant
Posted by: Falcona (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2020 18:28

Newcastle Rugby Foundation awarded major grant
Wednesday 2 September 2020
The Newcastle Rugby Foundation has received confirmation of a grant totalling 99,000 from the Heritage Lottery Fund to document the history of rugby league in the North East of England.

The Foundation, the official charity of both Newcastle Thunder and Newcastle Falcons, will embark on a two-year project which will chronicle the sport at both professional and community levels all the way back to the very early 1900s.

Much more here

Re: Newcastle Rugby Foundation awarded major grant
Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2020 09:22

Great. I am dimly aware that pro RL had a good following in working class communities between the two World Wars before almost vanishing and then re-emerging in the shape of Gateshead Thunder. I will be very interesting in learning more of the game's background in this region.

Posted by: Falcona (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2020 17:05

Hi Dick

will get back to you on this, as a friend of mine who helped to put the bid together is huge RL fan. She is going to dig out the info., for me.

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2020 17:31

Many thanks. I look forward to learning more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net