CURRENT PREMIERSHIP EX-FALCONS 15
Posted by: Mafia (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 14:21

Hi

After watching the games over the last few weeks it has dawned on me that there is a strong near ex-falcons 15 currently playing in the premiership. This is the list I have so far but anyone able to help with back row? I have put Glen Young in for now at 6 but cannot think of any others. I have not put in Socino preferring Matavesi. That backline is pretty good.

1 Harris
2 Batty
3 Brookes
4 Witty
5 Green
6 Young
9 Chudley (has he retired?)
10 Gopperth
11 Watson
12 Matevesi
13 Harris
14 Kibirige
15 Hodge

Re: CURRENT PREMIERSHIP EX-FALCONS 15
Posted by: FalcDancer (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 14:31

Quote:
Mafia
Hi
After watching the games over the last few weeks it has dawned on me that there is a strong near ex-falcons 15 currently playing in the premiership. This is the list I have so far but anyone able to help with back row? I have put Glen Young in for now at 6 but hcannot think of any others. I have not put in Socino preferring Matavesi. That backline is pretty good.

1 Harris
2 Batty
3 Brookes
4 Witty
5 Green
6 Young
9 Chudley (has he retired?)
10 Gopperth
11 Watson
12 Matevesi
13 Harris
14 Kibirige
15 Hodge

I am sure I saw Chudley playing last week

Posted by: Leipziger (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 14:43

Chudley's at Bath these days I think. Stick Matavesi in the back row and JP fits in at centre. Ben Morris of Wasps in the back row as well, and there's a XV.

Posted by: CharlieDog (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 14:58

Isn't Tim Swinson at Sarries currently?

Posted by: CharlieDog (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 15:02

And can't we pick Fraser Balmain rather than Judas @ TH?

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 15:32

I noticed Witty scored this weekend for Exeter, and JP set up a nice simple Sarries try, carrier take the tackle and then offload to a support runner coming in on a good line at pace in to space.
i would love to see us trying that.....winking smiley

JP was a class act IMO, and we havent replaced him.

Date: 15 September, 2020 16:45

JP was good for Sarries when he came on. Yes much prefer Balmain for Brookes just forgot him. Yes, Swinson came out of retirement and would fit in at 6. Still need a 7 and 8.

Posted by: alas (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 19:35

Ben Morris

Posted by: FalcDancer (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 19:40

Does Balmain actually count as a former Falcons player?
I dont remember him ever playing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2020 19:41 by FalcDancer.

Posted by: matt1il (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 20:42

Blimey Hammersley can't even get in this team. I know he was never the favourite on here but come on! Haha!

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 21:31

Quote:
matt1il
Blimey Hammersley can't even get in this team. I know he was never the favourite on here but come on! Haha!
Can Hodge tackle or is he a Matador like The Hammer ?

Date: 16 September, 2020 08:54

Prefer Hodge to Hammersley at fullback. Ben Morris at 7 yes. We dont have an ex 8 in the premiership I think.

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 09:12

I reckon i did Hammersley a diservice. I think we never took advantage of his mazy runs, by having people running support lines look for the offloads from him.

We'd probably have scored a lot of tries off the back of that...

Its one of my big gripes with the way the team players...supports lines, angles of running etc. its poor.

Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 10:07

He doesn’t look out of place with the Sharks, probably like a lot of players it’s only when they’re gone that you appreciate them more.

One interesting player in the list is Ben Harris, for whatever reason he just never got a run out for us yet looks really impressive in a high flying Wasps team. Funny what a change of scene does for a player.

Posted by: Hampshire.Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 10:36

How many of this team would make out 15?

Other than at 15, I don't think any.

Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 10:48

I suppose it depends on if they’re on top form...if so I’d take both props, one of Green or Witty, Chudley I reckon is slightly better than our current top two but very close call, Jimmy G has had a new lease of life and possibly Zach who looks pretty good at the moment and Hammer. All in all I’m pretty happy with the guys we have however and have no desire to see any replaced.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net