Current Page: 1 of 3
new scrum half
Posted by: wurzelfalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 10:12

Just announced.....cant say I know much about him but decent enough pedigree.

Re: new scrum half
Posted by: FalcDancer (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 10:27

Snap!
I donít know anything about him other than what you can find on Wikipedia
However his CV is a good one

Posted by: Andy Mac (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 10:53

I was in the gang that felt a new 9 would be a good move, so pleased with this one. Good pedigree and known by Easter so hopefully a good player.

Welcome to KP!

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 10:55

Ok looks like hes a good player which i welcome....BUT...

Whats the point in having an academy?? Kelemeti, and Pasoce ready for gametime...and now we have 3 scrum hlaves who will take all the gametime. Maybe Stuart should have been released.

Welcome to the falcons Louis but I dont quite get this one.

Posted by: matt1il (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 11:10

The gap between Tane and Young and the rest last season was too great I always felt this was a position we'd be light in.

Now can he box kick?

Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 11:10

Apart from maybe not necessarily wanting Stuart dispatched kind of agree with all youíve said Geordie. Iíd hoped to see the two young guys get a good run out too this season, still think they were sorely underused last season.

I guess at the end of the day the new fellow is an improvement (presumably, going by his record) on our current batch of SHs so you can never complain when the squad is improved.

Posted by: Rogerandout (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 11:15

I think we needed a first choice scrum half so happy with him. From what we know he is up to the job. I do also get the point about how many we have in each individual position.
My guess would be two for each position in the First team squad with a few players with a bit of versatility and then straight into the academy.
As you say that means we have a total of 5 scrum halves which does appear to be overkill. Takalua was every oneís favourite and others have had a hard time on here but players play to plans so it may not be entirely fair to criticise some performances.
Let us hope that we have a slightly less negative game plan going forward.
The dark nights are drawing in. The Covid death rate is remaining encouragingly low. Letís hope we are all soon back at KP watching the Falcons in the Premiership.

Date: 16 September, 2020 11:22

Quote:
Exiled Falcon
Apart from maybe not necessarily wanting Stuart dispatched kind of agree with all youíve said Geordie. Iíd hoped to see the two young guys get a good run out too this season, still think they were sorely underused last season.
I guess at the end of the day the new fellow is an improvement (presumably, going by his record) on our current batch of SHs so you can never complain when the squad is improved.

Oh completely agre improving the side is the critical part. I will never complain at that.. but i just question it when we have lads ready to go who look like genuine quality.

And to be honest his highlights real is nothing that i havent seen Michael Young do consistently.....when he is released from his ball and chain tactics.

Posted by: RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 11:25

Personally I didnít want someone to compete for the 9 shirt. Either someone who would start or give the kids a chance. He looks like a starter but like most I am going on google and wiki information rather than knowledge.
You get 2 scrum halfís on the pitch in most games so still plenty of game time likely for the youngsters even before accounting for injuries

Posted by: NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 11:36

Good move. We needed another scrum half to feel Takeluaís void.

Just full back and I think we are good to go.

Posted by: AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 11:39

He has plenty of Super Rugby experience plus he is a pretty tall scrum half at around 6'1.

Date: 16 September, 2020 11:40

Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Quote:
Exiled Falcon

Oh completely agre improving the side is the critical part. I will never complain at that.. but i just question it when we have lads ready to go who look like genuine quality. .

Thatís maybe the disappointment, the two young boys come with pretty good reputations and are around 19-20 so good age to be let loose. Harry Randall is only a couple of years older yet seems like a seasoned pro now, what happens when you have confidence in youth.

Date: 16 September, 2020 11:43

Exactly EF.

Dean seems happy to back young forwards, but less so young backs.

Date: 16 September, 2020 11:51

Very true Geordie, certainly canít complain at his blooding young forwards.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 11:54

For anybody like me who has been busy this morning then come on here & hasn't a clue what this is all about:

Springbok Louis Schreuder bolsters scrum-half pool
Offy.

Posted by: pityacker (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 12:01

Could be a great signing personally delighted , welcome to KP Louis.

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 12:04

We use 2 scrum Halfís per game so there should be plenty of work for all of our 9ís.

It does seem to be an attritional position due to the close proximity and regularity of forward collisions.

I am over the moon with another absolutely positive sign that there are legs in this club yet.

Thanks Seymour.

Date: 16 September, 2020 12:09

That is very true, irrespective of the arguments regarding young players, we have signed an Argentinian and Italian, both internationals, plus an experienced Safrican, the reports of a few months ago that we on our last legs have proved to be spectacularly wide of the mark.

Posted by: wurzelfalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 12:13

Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
Good move. We needed another scrum half to feel Takeluaís void.
Just full back and I think we are good to go.

What about props ?.....hopelessly light in that department, Some just not Premiership standard and which of the more experienced guys can regularly give 60 mins ? I think the squad overall isn't too bad but once again we may struggle at the set piece. In our relegation season our scrum was awful, easy penalties for the opposition...ÖÖ.and don't get me started on the lineout.....

Posted by: Brontosaurus (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 12:23

I have a friend from Cape Town who says he was pretty polarising at Stormers. Very adaptable but not great kicking game, interested to see how he gets on.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net