Current Page: 1 of 3
Online viewing of games
Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2018 14:35

The question of streams and online viewing of games comes up regularly so thought Iíd make a sticky for anyone to post latest ideas.

Every game now has TV cameras whether or not the game is live on BT Sport, there are many ways to watch the non televised games.

Personally I always use RugbyPass these days living outside of the UK. Together with [www.smartdnsproxy.com] (cost ranges between $4.90 per month to $49 for 2 years).

For those that have never used it RugbyPass gives you just about every NH and SH game played, both live and on demand after. So you can fill your boots with just about as much rugby as you can handle ! Assuming you have a decent broadband connection it streams in very high quality, I get full HD on a large TV. I know there are many on here that use this and I consider it good value if you watch a lot.

Iím sure others can post alternatives.

Re: Online viewing of games
Posted by: RossM (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2018 14:48

Post deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 20:46 by RossM.

Posted by: PhilH (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2018 15:05

NBC Sports Gold - $69.99 per annum for the Rugby Pass - full HD stream. All Premiership and 6 Nations games live and replays. Only available in the USA so you need a VPN to view from the UK (which I have in my US house). You may need a US based payment vehicle.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 15:09 by PhilH.

Posted by: LeamingtonWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2018 15:45

I watched yesterday on the Betfair site. Not great quality but better than nothing.

Posted by: Raggs (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2018 15:53

Deleted my post.

Rugbypass is apparently clamping down on people using vpns. Just a warning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 19:04 by Raggs.

Date: 02 September, 2018 19:05

Replying to draw attention to my edit above.

Posted by: Jack9909 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2018 20:44

A browser extension called hoxx will do the same job for Chrome/Firefox for free, just set location to Singapore, Hong Kong etc

Posted by: Penn Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2018 22:18

Always good to read the privacy policy - which suggests hoaxx is a joke

[us3-base.cd-n.net]

Sorry but sure there are better options

Date: 02 September, 2018 22:32

Hoaxx sounds like hola. You get to use someone else's ip address to help you watch rugby. The issue is what they're using yours to watch.

Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2018 23:19

Quote:
Raggs
Deleted my post.

From what Iíve read elsewhere on their viewing figures they would never survive as a business if they blocked VPNís smiling smiley

Date: 03 September, 2018 06:31

Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Raggs
Deleted my post.

From what Iíve read elsewhere on their viewing figures they would never survive as a business if they blocked VPNís smiling smiley

Just going from this: [www.rugb.co.uk] maybe it's nothing.

Posted by: Thaijules (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2018 10:54

Rugby Pass is perfect in Thailand - US 14.99 pm.

Posted by: StevieWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2018 21:15

I've just signed up for the NBC Gold Rugby Pass.
I've had to use a VPN to connect to America, but then was able to sign up with my UK based debit card. The sign up form even asked me where I reside and I said UK.

The payment came to £54.48, which seems like excellent value for a years viewing, both live and on demand.

Date: 05 September, 2018 22:01

Quote:
StevieWasp
I've had to use a VPN to connect to America, but then was able to sign up with my UK based debit card. The sign up form even asked me where I reside and I said UK.

The payment came to £54.48, which seems like excellent value for a years viewing, both live and on demand.
Even better it also includes 6 Nations games

Date: 06 September, 2018 09:56

Quote:
StevieWasp

Is it all 6 premiership games each weekend, or just the BT live ones?

Posted by: StevieWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2018 12:44

They're listing all premiership games as being available.
Obviously, the proof will be when i attempt to watch any of them, but based on the other comments about the site, I suspect it'll be fine.

[www.nbcsports.com]

Date: 06 September, 2018 17:50

Quote:
Raggs
Quote:
StevieWasp

Is it all 6 premiership games each weekend, or just the BT live ones?

Itís all games live, not just the BT televised games.

Date: 06 September, 2018 19:13

That looks like it may be the solution i go for then!

Posted by: NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2018 19:41

Would be interested to know if you need a VPN to watch the NBC games, to start the stream, and whether it will continue even if the VPN is then switched off.

Date: 06 September, 2018 20:42

Quote:
NellyWellyWaspy
Would be interested to know if you need a VPN to watch the NBC games, to start the stream, and whether it will continue even if the VPN is then switched off.

+1

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net