Re: Lozowski and Goode
Posted by: ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 18:41

I thought Andy had retired

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Posted by: Nopace (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 18:42

Iíve always liked Alex Goode, a fine player. Happy to see him and Loz if true.

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 18:50

I might give those two players a break.....but I'd think the top coaches are upto their necks and should be looking at bans.

If you'll give them jobs, you are pretty much condoning what they presided over...imo.

Posted by: WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 19:22

+1. I feel rather uneasy about this enthusiastic raiding of the EAs stock cupboard. The players had to know what was going on, and Loz was quick enough to sign on for his own advantage.

Posted by: Shugs (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 21:04

Quote:
WONKYWASP1
+1. I feel rather uneasy about this enthusiastic raiding of the EAs stock cupboard. The players had to know what was going on, and Loz was quick enough to sign on for his own advantage.
Completely agree. We're heading in the right direction anyway so I don't think we need to get involved. The players must have known - everyone else in the game did.

Posted by: backdoc (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 21:10

"The players must have known - everyone else in the game did."

For about 10 years.

Posted by: Warleywasp (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 21:24

Sorry to put a negative voce to this thread but IMHO most companies do not take back ex employees, so Loz is a no. And if we can't do better than young Goode, well I'm disappointed unless he is cheap and happy to carry tackle bags.
Just saying....

Posted by: DuncanS (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 22:03

Taking back Hask and Cips worked out ok for us.

Posted by: RossM (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 22:57

Quote:
Shugs
Quote:
WONKYWASP1
Completely agree. We're heading in the right direction anyway so I don't think we need to get involved. The players must have known - everyone else in the game did.

Copied from a post by Camel on Shedweb:

Full list from the rags this evening:

Ben Spencer (Bath and Exeter); Alex Lozowski (Gloucester and Sale); Nick Isiekwe (Harlequins); Max Malins (Exeter); Nick Tompkins (Ospreys); Matt Gallagher (Munster); Rhys Carre (Cardiff); George Kruis (Japan); Jack Singleton (Leicester).

We'll have to put Happywasp's reliable source on hold for the moment.

Posted by: Matt82 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 23:05

TRP are saying Loz to Bath so I think Happy is on the happy juice with this story. Telegraph writing that Spencer also off to Bath.

Posted by: Penn Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 01:47

In fairness to Loz, he was ambitious and never really given a chance at Wasps. Personally, I thought he deserved more game time and was good when he did play. But that was the era of not giving talent a chance.

So welcome back Loz if the rumour is true.
And hope Goode, if he comes, does that with desire in the tank.

So, who will get the real jewels of that squad...

Posted by: Marlow Nick (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 06:56

Penn
Who do you consider to be the jewels?
I wouldn't want any of their England players. Too expensive, frequently absent, implicated in the scandal. All toxic to my thinking and likely to stay with Saracens for a well paid sabbatical in the championship. It's the second tier squad who cannot catch Eddy's eye in the championship who I believe are the jewels.

Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 08:27

So ..... we have Loz coming to Wasps and going to Bath, Gloucester and Sale on this thread .... I guess one may be true smiling smiley

Interesting few weeks ahead

Date: 26 January, 2020 08:51

If that many players reported as leaving are broadly 'true'....that is some OTT cap if they are shedding them...

Also, that is going to cause some churn, which must be unsettling to most other squads.
Huge game of musical chairs possibly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/01/2020 08:52 by John Tee.

Posted by: Boooo (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 08:52

If we donít attract any of the Sarries players to Wasps, is that revealing in any way?

Are players in the Premiership wary of coming to Wasps due to the current coaching setup?
Are we struggling to attract the right personnel?

Posted by: neils (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 08:52

Bath according to TRP. Also states we enquired about Farrell. Now that may have been a ST breaker.

Posted by: Marlow Nick (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 09:01

If I were a DoR I'd enquire about several players. Then laugh and pass the salary demands to SCM as part of the dossier for next year's audit

Posted by: RossM (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 09:59

Quote:
Boooo
If we donít attract any of the Sarries players to Wasps, is that revealing in any way?
Are players in the Premiership wary of coming to Wasps due to the current coaching setup?
Are we struggling to attract the right personnel?

Or, perhaps we just don't want to touch them with a barge pole. Has that ever occurred to you?

Posted by: Matt82 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 January, 2020 10:12

I don't understand the 'we shouldn't touch the Sarries players with a barge pole' view. It's the owners that were dishing out contracts willy nilly.

Date: 26 January, 2020 10:24

My comment was for Loz and Goode who i dont think will have been exposed to the salary dodge regime...
If they have, i expect them to have to answer questions and therefore be at risk of bans.
Higher up the chain, i definitely think more people are varying degrees of complicit and bans should therefore be in the equation...
However, i think the RFU will negotiate the players out from that...but that means throwing other officials under the bus..imv

Current Page: 2 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net