Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Sarries at it again - They just can't help themselves.
Posted by: Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
Date: 08 February, 2020 18:26

Wow! C'est magnifique!

Posted by: MarleyWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 08 February, 2020 18:45

And that was after they had 18 hours to calm down and digest the news...

Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 February, 2020 19:45

To be fair to just get a financial penalty is exceptionally lucky given the historical punishments levy'd against other offenders. I can understand Racings position in this.

Posted by: Warleywasp (IP Logged)
Date: 08 February, 2020 22:42

I'm so disappointed Saracens have not taken the Honesty and Humility route.
So I spoke to my friend Brenda from Bristol and she just said " OH NO NOT AGAIN" !

Who can any Sarries fan not hold their head in shame. Let's face it there was a lot of ££ in the club but not enough to have an admin assistant checking this stuff out. Ah yes she only works part time........ Sorry I'm ranting but this whole situation is just getting ridiculous. Probably my last post as I am so fed up.

Posted by: Man from LA (IP Logged)
Date: 08 February, 2020 23:49

According to a poster on the Quins site, the Telegraph reported it was the RFU that notified Saracens about the permit and it took 11 days for them to notify EPCR, which was a day after tickets went on sale.

Posted by: Geewhiz50 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2020 14:18

First:
I have worked in countries where I was required to hold a valid wok permit and I can assure you that, even if my employer did not know the expiry date of my permit, I was certainly aware and would ensure that it was renewed in good time. In addition, Saracens must have had the event highlighted in their computer programme. Taken together, these two facts support a conclusion that it could not have been an oversight.
Secondly:
it now appears the RFU brought the matter to the attention of the club. Taking my previous comments into account, this explanation would appear to require further explanations:
a. why another breach affecting players had allowed to occur;
b. why there was a delay in notifying Racing and the European Rugby; and
c. (as posted earlier) did Sarries play an ineligible player in the Premier Cup?

With each new discovery the excuses get weaker. I would have expected that following the Premier League fiasco immediate action was taken by the club to ensure that all their systems were adequate to ensure no further "discoveries". Indeed, these subsequent disclosures support an indifference - presumably based on a risk-assessment that the breach will not be discovered (or perhaps "caught" is more appropriate by now?).

This constant drip-drip of incidents also appear to suggest their acceptance as a calculated risk. If this is correct it impacts not just the admin staff but the whole organisation from the Board of Directors down.

In conclusion, my recommendation would be that the RFU undertake a thorough review of the club, its management and staff. I appreciate it sounds draconian, but the faults appear to be endemic within the club.

Posted by: neils (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2020 14:31

Waited a few minutes for you to correct. Wasn't aware you as a chef needed equipment permission!

Posted by: Quin Kong (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2020 14:34

Neils beat me to it. 😁

QUIN KONG

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2020 16:53

Quote:
neils
The translation is spectacular. Not happy bunnies.

Put my A level French to use...,

Following the complaint lodged by the EPCR against the Saracens for misconduct, the Independent Disciplinary Commission decided on the following sanction: a fine of 50,000 euros, including 25,000 euros suspended until the end of the 2020 season / 2021.
Racing 92 takes note of this grotesque decision. Congratulations to the Saracens for this new feat.
We now know that a club can play in its highest national division by sitting on the Salary Cap for several seasons.
We now know that a club has the possibility of being consecrated this season in a major international competition while continuing to mock its rules.
We now know that a club risks only 0.07% of its budget if it aligns an ineligible international.
Rugby school of life, this wonderful sport does not have the same value for everyone but we will be happy to play with our friends in Clermont.
Find the press release here: [www.racing92.fr]é-de-presse-Sanctions-Saracens.pdf

Only kidding. I used a translation app!
Magnifique! “Grotesque decision”!
Congratulations!
Bien joué Racing.

Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2020 18:21

So Sarries put out their illegally assembled team (which when announced was a slap in the face to the core values of the game and the findings themselves) which beat Racing, and likely knowingly utilised a illegal player who had a material impact upon the game itself. It is also hypothesised that the RFU has to prompt Sarries to contact European rugby rather than doing so unprompted. Quite a surprise that they have been allowed to remain in the competition!

Posted by: Marlow Nick (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 08:42

I find it suspicious that Saracens delayed telling EPRC until such a time that it was impractical for them to be docked points or forfeit the game because of the chaos it would have caused rescheduling the playoffs. If EPRC had known about it on the Monday following the match would they have imposed a different punishment?

Posted by: Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 13:48

Quote:
Marlow Nick
I find it suspicious that Saracens delayed telling EPRC until such a time that it was impractical for them to be docked points or forfeit the game because of the chaos it would have caused rescheduling the playoffs. If EPRC had known about it on the Monday following the match would they have imposed a different punishment?

I believe they would have. Delaying reporting to EPRC closed off their options.

Posted by: Catwhiskers (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 17:10

So my view is a repeat of what I suggested about the premiership members that the remaining Euro clubs stand together and say they dont want cheats in the competition its undermining all the values WE stand for. The EPC is only as strong as it members the members should be heard.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net