Current Page: 1 of 2
Allianz drop Sarries
Posted by: FishingWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 09:13

According to the FT.
Sorry, I don't have a link, but in today's Financial Times, although not yet officially announced.
Apparently Alianz can keep their name there at the stadium, should they with to.

And in the Grauniad (you'll recognise the spelling if you're my age), RFU slashing the funding of the Championship, so don't know if that also hits the Sorries, as well as tho other Championship clubs, But it will have repercussions such as effective ring fencing of the Premiership, and surely unintended consequences. If this whole saga was in a novel you wouldn't believe it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2020 09:14 by FishingWasp.

Re: Allianz drop Sarries
Posted by: bigfecker (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 11:44

If I was in the Championship, I would set a budget of no more than £1.5M for clubs to stop the likes of Falcons & Sorries bouncing back, as the RFU fund massive drop payments.

Truely shocking what the blazers at the RFU are doing to Championship clubs, the grass roots should put a vote of no confidence in the RFU board.

Posted by: Skippy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 12:14

Clears the way for the EAs to partner with VW> They could also put Lance Armstrong in charge of strength and conditioning

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 15:36

Quote:
bigfecker
Truely shocking what the blazers at the RFU are doing to Championship clubs, the grass roots should put a vote of no confidence in the RFU board.

It's only a continuation of what the RFU have done to the National and lower league clubs I'm afraid. The grass roots clubs gave a vote of no confidence in the gin-soaked parasites years ago but they didn't take any notice at all.

Posted by: Hangover (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 16:14

OK so who would their new sponsors be?

Cheetos
Rightmove (oops Wrongmove)
Lycos
L'Oreal – Because You're Worth It !!!!!

Posted by: Petergwilson (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 16:24

Foxtons - Estate Agents

Posted by: MarleyWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 18:23

I reckon it's an excellent opportunity for this company.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 18:25 by MarleyWasp.

Posted by: kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 20:01

Quote:
bigfecker
If I was in the Championship, I would set a budget of no more than £1.5M for clubs to stop the likes of Falcons & Sorries bouncing back, as the RFU fund massive drop payments.

+100

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 12:53

Quote:
bigfecker
What if it was Wasps

Posted by: Petergwilson (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 14:23

But it's not.

Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 17:36

If the championship agree to a 2.5 million cap next season as is being suggested I would expect every team to stick to it (and yes bedlington if it was us I would still expect that as well). I know Sarries and honesty, integrity, humility are not comfortable bed mates but they will have to abide by it, after all they chose relegation over opening their books and giving their ill gotten trophies back.

Date: 14 February, 2020 18:05

Interesting to see how many of their “static London centric fans” stay with them. Suspect a major haemorrhage
Used to glory, never travel, my experience on several visits to AP was it is very much a corporate and “nouveau “ glory centric crowd.
If they are subject to a tiny salary cap in the championship they must surely disintegrate.
Much as I loath their management and feel their fans are new plastic trophy people, it’s sad to see a genuine old club go to ruins
Hoping they can come back into the fold but doubt it . No one wins

Posted by: Worcswasp (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 21:06

George states he will stay.......What for free? Some of the others turning a blind EYE STILL to their ill gains. Still pathetic, arrogant attitude. Hope they sink.

Date: 14 February, 2020 21:44

We need the usual erudite and unbiased comment from Banzai to totally comprehend this . Where are you our faithful friend?

Posted by: Skippy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 22:45

He probably hasn’t been good enough, so matron won’t let him have his phone back.

Date: 15 February, 2020 08:28

If anyone is not banned from their site can they post and check he is ok?

Posted by: Gaz (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 09:06

How would a championship salary cap work for a relegated premiership team?

The relegated club would be operating to a premiership budget and salary cap and will have contracts and commitments to players and staff. How could they adjust to the tune of -£5 million in a summer?

You could put relegation clauses in player contracts, i.e. a player could look for another club in the event of relegation or drop salary by 75% if they want to stay.

Doesn't help the situation for the next 2-3 years until current contracts are renewed. And no top player in their right mind would sign for Wasps or Leicester at the moment, if (ignoring Sarries for the moment) the club is fighting at the bottom of the table.

Ignoring people's desire to see Saracens suffer for evermore, there are practicalities that need working through.

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 14:16

Quote:
kentwasp1
If anyone is not banned from their site can they post and check he is ok?

I’ll pop in for a look!

Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 23:48

More woes for Sarries

Saracens: Barnet Council considered ending £22.9m stadium redevelopment loan
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 07:51

Reading the report I wonder whether Barnett council wanted to pull the plug altogether, however a hold to give Sarries a chance to show their future plan is likely more effective, as the council can then say the conditions have changed from their original agreement thus allowing recovery of the 3 million already taken.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net