Team v Tigers
Posted by: Matt82 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 21:26

So the big one coming up this weekend. Always enjoy the trip to Welford Road. Slightly sad that there will be no Dai there. The situation is extremely bizarre and I really don't see the benefits of having Blackett in charge. If we are spending well under the cap and replacing Dai with Blackett I fear for our future. Will be interesting to see what the pundits say (I assume Lol will be on the panel) and I'm intrigued to see if YY will be selected. I have a feeling Dai won't be the only member of the family exiting the Ricoh this year. Anyway back to the rugby on the pitch. Launchers away and Gaskell (surprise surprise) and Fekitoa injured I'd go with the following:

1) Mac
2) TT
3) Brookes
4) Matthews
5) Flament
6) Willis
7) YY
8) Carr
9) Robbo
10) Umaga
11) Bassett
12) Jimmy
13) JdJ
14) Kibirige
15) James

16) Cruse
17) ZZ
18) Owlett
19) Shields
20) Vailanu
21) Porter
22) Lima
23) Watson

I'd see what Shields can do in the second row and he's played there a fair bit for the Canes and England. I'd be half tempted to give Spink a game at 13 next to Jimmy. Minozzi I'd give a rest to and I think James deserves an opportunity of a run in the first team. Toss up between JTA and Owlett on the bench. Possibly a case for Oghre in the squad?

Re: Team v Tigers
Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 22:33

In the front row, there is an argument for starting Cruse and West. Ditto locks - Rowlands and Gaskell.

It will be interesting to see how Lee Blackett calls it come Midday Friday.

Posted by: neils (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 23:00

Gaskell injured again according to Offy.

Posted by: WaspieMatt (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 04:43

Matt82,

So just who would you put in charge in the absence of DY. The fact is none of us know the reasons behind what has happened. If the decision was only taken this week and came without much warning then who on earth else is going to take on the roll at such short notice? It was either going to be Blackett or Costello.
Now Im not advocating for one minute that Blackett is a long term solution- if Dai is properly going then we need to try and attract a top quality replacement but put simply it might well be that in the short to medium term we have no other options?

Posted by: DuncanS (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 08:08

Bit peed off Launch hasnt been released. Its not like hes played many minutes lately. Disappointed if Fekit is still out. Hed really started coming good. Would start Rowlands, and Watson over Bassett. Looking forward to my first ever visit to Welford Road.

Date: 13 February, 2020 10:07

I forgot Rowlands was back so I'd probably pair Rowlands and Flament and go 6/2 bench spilt based on the weather with Cruse, ZZ, Owlett, Matthews, Shields, Vailanu, Lima and Watson on the bench.

Date: 13 February, 2020 14:08

Hopefully the weather will not intervene. Does not look promising.

Posted by: suffolkwasp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 14:50

If weather is as dire as forecast then we need a strong forward pack and a tight game. Fancy manoeuvres are off.

Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 15:50

IF this game goes ahead (which given the approach of storm Dennis is 50/50 IMHO at present) we have to put out a powerful forward unit with a 6-2 forward split on the bench. Set piece and kicking will be king this weekend, it wont be the easy on the eye multiple phase wide game that some like, but it should make for a powerful up the jumper competition!

Date: 13 February, 2020 16:29

Quote:
wombles222
IF this game goes ahead (which given the approach of storm Dennis is 50/50 IMHO at present) we have to put out a powerful forward unit with a 6-2 forward split on the bench. Set piece and kicking will be king this weekend, it wont be the easy on the eye multiple phase wide game that some like, but it should make for a powerful up the jumper competition!

Deano would be useful!!!!

Date: 14 February, 2020 12:31

Not far off from picking the team! Great that YY is there. Like that Spink is involved but question Booj at 13. No Lima again? No JdJ again? Hmmmm...

Posted by: DuncanS (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 12:38

JDJ is mentioned in the release as injured. No mention of Lima.

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 12:46

Wasps (appearances in brackets)

15 Marcus Watson (41)
14 Zach Kibirige (15)
13 Michael Le Bourgeois (29)
12 Jimmy Gopperth (92)
11 Josh Bassett (115)
10 Jacob Umaga (17)
9 Dan Robson (cc) (111)
1 Simon McIntyre (165)
2 Tommy Taylor (62)
3 Kieran Brookes (32)
4 Will Rowlands (83)
5 Thibaud Flament (12)
6 Jack Willis (50)
7 Thomas Young (cc) (110)
8 Nizaam Carr (52)

16 Gabriel Oghre (16)
17 Zurabi Zhvania (33)
18 Biyi Alo (7)
19 Brad Shields (22)
20 Sione Vailanu (15)
21 Sam Wolstenholme (8)
22 Billy Searle (20)
23 Sam Spink (4)

Tigers

15 Telusa Veainu
14 Jonah Holmes
13 Jaco Taute
12 Kyle Eastmond
11 Rory Hughes
10 Tom Hardwick
9 Ben White
1 Greg Bateman
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Toms Lavanini
5 Will Spencer
6 Hanro Liebenberg
7 Jordan Taufua
8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau
17 Nephi Leatigaga
18 Joe Heyes
19 Harry Wells
20 Tommy Reffell
21 Harry Simmons
22 Noel Reid
23 George Worth

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Posted by: PhilH (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 14:14

Quote:
DuncanS
JDJ is mentioned in the release as injured. No mention of Lima.
Just started training again.

Posted by: Johns (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 21:56

Coaches including DOR and Head Coaches are not included in the cap.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net