Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Tigers match gale force thread
Posted by: Matt82 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 19:03

So I'm waiting for the bus back to Cov and Vailanu drives past in a car. I asked him are you not getting on the team bus tonight and his reply was no. 15 mins before that I saw Booj and Searle getting on the bus blanking any communication with fans. At the end of the game no walk around from players to acknowledge fans. A little while later Shields doing sprints and Robbo, Jack and Watson talking to various members of crowd. Steven Vaughan I saw at the end of the game walking acros the pitch. Now just putting all of that together I thought there is little cohesion and no joined up thinking. The quicker the powers that be can get their head out their @#$%& and sort out what's going on rugby wise the better. If today was an interview for Blackett he failed miserably.

Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 19:15

We HAVE to use the opportunity afforded to us this season to establish a confirmed coaching team, establish a style, core leadership squad and development programme that leads to long term success. Easy to write of course, but likely devilishly difficult to achieve....although not impossible, and this is the time to do it!

Posted by: SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 19:28

Quote:
westwaleswasp
Quote:
Worcswasp
Pathetic 2nd half Gents. Glad my mate Shields performed to the standard I expected.

Shields today, Saints tomorrow hopefully.

Please no!

Quote:
wombles222
(how the TMO did not intervene with his punch his beyond me).

Even more baffling was you can hear Dickson say he'd had it checked....about 10 seconds later it's all over the replay

Posted by: JohnI (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 19:56

If Young’s isn’t sited for a blatant punch which was ignored by the officials then someone needs to answer for that, totally ridiculous that it wasn’t looked at more closely instead of dismissing it immediately.

Posted by: Shugs (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 20:01

Game was always going to be a mess given conditions. Not sure why Shields is getting such a hammering. It's his first game back after a long injury on a stormy day as part of a pack that got bullied 2nd 40. Expected nothing more than we got from the officials at Welford Rd but we do need to be more clinical. Umaga's display highlighted the fact that we need to keep Sopoaga for next year and let Umaga develop. He'll be a great player but is not there yet. Head coach must have had an impact as a fair proportion of the players must have been close to DY. Thanks to the cheats the defeat is frustrating but not damaging.

Posted by: westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 20:06

Yes, it is clearly a TMO cock up, but they happen. We did nothing special against 14 for ten mins, who is to say a red for Youngs would have resulted in points for us. We were denied nothing and conceded nothing due to ref or TMO errors. They happened but we were not winning the game.
Granted their scrum won nothing without pushing too early, and they were picked up on it just once, but their maul was fine and we blew chances without referee help.

Posted by: kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 20:10

Sod all that. Marooned at rugby (yes ha ha ) after tree on line to Nuneaton. Arriving London around 10pm. Home near Hastings midnight. 3 mile walk in dark over hills to the cottage. No Wasps fans here just my boy and me. Feels like last of the Mohicans

Posted by: Shugs (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 20:13

Quote:
kentwasp1
Sod all that. Marooned at rugby (yes ha ha ) after tree on line to Nuneaton. Arriving London around 10pm. Home near Hastings midnight. 3 mile walk in dark over hills to the cottage. No Wasps fans here just my boy and me. Feels like last of the Mohicans
Hope you both get back ok Kent. At least you're seeing more Rugby now than earlier!!

Date: 15 February, 2020 20:43

Thanks Shugs. Have to say this is a special day ......

Posted by: bigfecker (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 23:58

I suspect the ex-Sorries 8 still lives in London, hence not taking the bus.

Dreadful performance after 30 minutes, the forwards simply ran out of puff.

The only consolidation was that Jacob wasn't as terrible as the opposing 10, who will probably not play a first team match again after that performance. Can somebody explain what MLB actually does?

Liked Watson, thought he was our best player today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2020 00:07 by bigfecker.

Date: 16 February, 2020 00:46

Just arrived home. 1 am Sunday.,left 7 am Saturday. 3 mile walk through a very vigorous storm in a wood in the dark after multiple train delays . Defeated but good crack with Tiger fans . Love my club but feel we have rot at the top . Eastwood has to go and his cronies too. Too good a club to lose to the blazers

Posted by: Andy1210 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 00:50

Quote:
bigfecker
Can somebody explain what MLB actually does?

He spends most of the game waving his arms in the air calling for support in case he has to tackle, flapping his arms about at the breakdown that he pretends to get involved in, missing tackles or - if he does tackle - losing the collision and going backwards a few metres. He mysteriously goes missing when we are on the front foot, but in his defence he does have an impressive moustache and wear fancy coloured boots.

Posted by: Worcswasp (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 07:22

Spot on Andy. Did make me chuckle that description..... Well done Kent. Epic journey. Enjoy a lazy day today.....Things can only get better.

Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 08:11

Quote:
wombles222
We HAVE to use the opportunity afforded to us this season to establish a confirmed coaching team, establish a style, core leadership squad and development programme that leads to long term success. Easy to write of course, but likely devilishly difficult to achieve....although not impossible, and this is the time to do it!

+1

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net