Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Joe Worsley
Posted by: Dazthelion (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 20:28

Outside bet - how about Ben Herring anyone?

Posted by: RossM (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 22:28

Quote:
Boooo
I also donít think Rob Howley is Head Coach material.
The mere fact that he got himself into an illegal betting farce just before a hugely important World Cup tournament, despite unfortunate family circumstances, means he has some internal issues going on.
In my opinion, I donít think he has the strength of character or the skills to be a top notch Head Coach. Baxter, McCall, Lam, Boyd, Ackerman etc. I just donít think Rob has the skills to match these types of coaches.
And I havenít seen enough to think heís even an excellent attack coach.

I would prefer Walder, Worsley, King. More cerebral thinkers.
Iím sure Rob is a lovely guy, but (for me) he lacks the aura, the presence and strength to be a top notch Head Coach.

Just my opinion.

Perhaps you could remind which club McCall coaches?

Posted by: Boooo (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 11:30

Saracens.

Posted by: Mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 11:45

Maybe McCall's decided he won't be staying with Sarries when they go down and could be looking for a new DOR post?

Posted by: Sm23 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 11:48

Worseley would be a fantastic appointment, so hope the rumours have merit to them.

Id hope he would then clean house so to speak in order to bring in a coaching team of his own selection as I think the club and players need a total new perspective and voice.

I think the view has to be to get Joe in and give him as much time as possible to assess the situation and be able to recruit and appoint to what he thinks will best work for us, so the sooner it can be announced the better.

I think as many have said, we need to get rid of the expensive dead weight, lima, brad etc and focus on the english talent we have and add some x factor to that strong base, Fekitoa etc who has really added something in such a dire season.

I was having this convo with my Dad, but would anyone else think that making Jack Willis captain would be a good move? He seems a real leader and motivator on the field and is always our best player pretty much. Need to tie him down long term. Although I know Launchers is as important, but if I had to choose one of them...

Posted by: Mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 11:52

Quote:
Mellie
Maybe McCall's decided he won't be staying with Sarries when they go down and could be looking for a new DOR post?

He's done very well with a club that has loads of money. But his track record is somewhat tainted with the illegal abundance of talent they assembled. Maybe wants to prove he can take a club with little money to the top by getting the best out of the resources they can afford.

Posted by: Boooo (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 14:52

Heís obviously a good coach, no matter the calibre of the squad.
Look at the galeticos assembled at Toulon over the years...and yet outside the best Wilko years, theyíve struggled.
A coach still has to unite that squad, get it working for a collective goal that everyone buys into, keep egos in check, work them hard, rebound from loses etc.
I have no doubt McCall would still do a good job in another team.

However, thatís no saying I would want him at Wasps next season.
That just wouldnít feel quite right, despite his pedigree.

Posted by: Speedy-New (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 15:37

I think we will see a much more 'old boys' centric coaching teams next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more of the other players from the hugely successful area about next season even if it was only on match days.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net