The Wasps Vodafone arena???
Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2020 14:52

Completely unverified! Just noted a couple of posters on renegade wasps on facebook mentioning this. Is there any validity to it? Is it just the rumours of a couple of people? Or more substance to this? All options are open I guess, but thought i would throw it out to all Waspies to see if anyone else has heard anything? Would be great news if true!

Re: The Wasps Vodafone arena???
Posted by: Marconi (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2020 15:19

Would doubt any company will be making sponsorship agreements at the current time - unless anything was agreed a while back (but as Ricoh has been on a rolling basis, you'd imagine it would have been announced)

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2020 16:04

I believe Allianz are looking for a reputable club to sponsor.

Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2020 19:20

There is already a lot of tie in with Vodafone, Wasps and the stadium so I guess it wouldnít be a shock. Perhaps something that has been in the pipeline but not been the right time to announce.

Posted by: Wasp222 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2020 07:12

Quote:
ukms
There is already a lot of tie in with Vodafone, Wasps and the stadium so I guess it wouldnít be a shock. Perhaps something that has been in the pipeline but not been the right time to announce.

They would have done it by as I think the naming rights was 10 million for 10 years. Or are they waiting to see if ccfc return. I mentioned it to a mate who works there and they are looking to reduce the amount they spend on sponsorship. The strategy is more about global presence they are sponsoring Porsche in Formula E , the football league in Sicily.

The sponsor deal runs out next year. And itís unclear if they will renew. When they sponsored McLaren and Man Utd the deals were much longer. He did say that the reason for wasps was they were lunching 5g in the midlands. He did say that Stuart cain was rumoured to be very instrumental to the deal. He said he wonít rule it but would be very surprised if they did. They have become a major sponsor for Spotify as this in align with their digital strategy.sports sponsorship is more of a old strategy

Date: 28 July, 2020 14:33

Quote:
Wasp222
Quote:
ukms

They would have done it by as I think the naming rights was 10 million for 10 years. Or are they waiting to see if ccfc return. I mentioned it to a mate who works there and they are looking to reduce the amount they spend on sponsorship. The strategy is more about global presence they are sponsoring Porsche in Formula E , the football league in Sicily.

The sponsor deal runs out next year. And itís unclear if they will renew. When they sponsored McLaren and Man Utd the deals were much longer. He did say that the reason for wasps was they were lunching 5g in the midlands. He did say that Stuart cain was rumoured to be very instrumental to the deal. He said he wonít rule it but would be very surprised if they did. They have become a major sponsor for Spotify as this in align with their digital strategy.sports sponsorship is more of a old strategy

Not sure about sports sponsorship being an old strategy for Vodafone they are now pumping £7m into the Lions tour next year.

Date: 28 July, 2020 18:06

Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Wasp222
Quote:
ukms

Not sure about sports sponsorship being an old strategy for Vodafone they are now pumping £7m into the Lions tour next year.

As mentioned that is more inline with there new global Strategy.

Posted by: Matt82 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2020 18:09

Quote:
Marconi
Would doubt any company will be making sponsorship agreements at the current time - unless anything was agreed a while back (but as Ricoh has been on a rolling basis, you'd imagine it would have been announced)

Or itís the perfect time if they want a cheaper deal and clubs need money.

Date: 28 July, 2020 18:27

Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Marconi

They would have done it up now. Telecoms sector is booming at the moment. They could have easily got a 5 year deal for 5 million. The fact that they have spent 7 million on the lions tour and rumoured to have spent 10 million with Porsche.

As my mate mentioned itís more about global presence they spent loads with Spotify.

Date: 28 July, 2020 19:14

Quote:
Wasp222
Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Marconi

They would have done it up now. Telecoms sector is booming at the moment. They could have easily got a 5 year deal for 5 million. The fact that they have spent 7 million on the lions tour and rumoured to have spent 10 million with Porsche.

As my mate mentioned itís more about global presence they spent loads with Spotify.

Im sure they have a great sponsorship strategy but Iím not sure a 4 week rugby tour with a limited interest is chasing a global presence .... more inline with their many established sponsorship deals in rugby they have many already in SA ..... is their deal with Spotify global thought it was just UK ?

Date: 29 July, 2020 09:10

Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Wasp222
Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Marconi

Im sure they have a great sponsorship strategy but Iím not sure a 4 week rugby tour with a limited interest is chasing a global presence .... more inline with their many established sponsorship deals in rugby they have many already in SA ..... is their deal with Spotify global thought it was just UK ?

The Spotify deal is global or a host of countries as you get Spotify for Lots i of European countries and Australia , New Zealand with Vodafone contracts

The tour also covers will also covers all of the events and it will be shown globally.

My point is that Vodafone will not be sponsoring the The stadium rather than scrutinising every single sponsorship deal.

Date: 29 July, 2020 12:27

Quote:
Wasp222
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Wasp222
Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Marconi

The Spotify deal is global or a host of countries as you get Spotify for Lots i of European countries and Australia , New Zealand with Vodafone contracts

The tour also covers will also covers all of the events and it will be shown globally.

My point is that Vodafone will not be sponsoring the The stadium rather than scrutinising every single sponsorship deal.

Iím discussing not scrutinising ..... you make some very bold statements about the sponsorship strategy of Vodafone one of which was that they are reducing cost and another was that sport was an old strategy...... their current activities and public press releases tend to suggest otherwise...... its an interesting topic .... some of their sponsorship is also done at a local (country) and subsidiary level by the companies that make up the global brand. So what they do Ďgloballyí in relation to the Lions and Spotify etc may have no direct bearing on what they may or may not do locally in Coventry .... time will tell I guess .... letís just hope Wasps do well for the rest of the season and then who knows what will happen. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2020 12:36 by ukms.

Date: 29 July, 2020 14:00

Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Wasp222
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Wasp222
Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Marconi

Iím discussing not scrutinising ..... you make some very bold statements about the sponsorship strategy of Vodafone one of which was that they are reducing cost and another was that sport was an old strategy...... their current activities and public press releases tend to suggest otherwise...... its an interesting topic .... some of their sponsorship is also done at a local (country) and subsidiary level by the companies that make up the global brand. So what they do Ďgloballyí in relation to the Lions and Spotify etc may have no direct bearing on what they may or may not do locally in Coventry .... time will tell I guess .... letís just hope Wasps do well for the rest of the season and then who knows what will happen. smiling smiley

As I have mentioned this was feedback from someone who works there when I asked the question. I guess we see what happens when the sponsor ship runs out next year. For the shirts.

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 16:28

One thing I do know is that the musicians wonít see much of the Vodafone money from Spotify. Or any money for that.
Rant over.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net