Current Page: 1 of 2
Carr leaving too
Posted by: Andy1210 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 15:27

Just seen that the Bulls have tweeted that Nizaam Carr has signed for them and will be linking up when the season gets back on track. That is a big loss - really rated him. Hugely disappointing news.

Re: Carr leaving too
Posted by: DuncanS (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 15:39

This is the saddest one so far. Ash was gutting, but understandable. Nemo was one of our best players. Shame he could see out the season, but I wish him well.

Posted by: Matt82 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 15:51

Really bad move by the club to not tie Nemo down imo. Tom Willis I have no doubt is going to be a class player but stepping into Nemoís shoes is massive considering the amount of games he plays. Slightly worried that our back row options/second row options pick up an awful lot of injuries.

Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 15:54

Quote:
Matt82
Really bad move by the club to not tie Nemo down imo. Tom Willis I have no doubt is going to be a class player but stepping into Nemoís shoes is massive considering the amount of games he plays. Slightly worried that our back row options/second row options pick up an awful lot of injuries.

With respect how can you tie someone down if he wants to go ? .... especially as heís going back to his home country ..... how is it a bad move if you donít know the circumstances?

Posted by: RossM (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 16:04

Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Matt82

With respect how can you tie someone down if he wants to go ? .... especially as heís going back to his home country ..... how is it a bad move if you donít know the circumstances?

Took the words out of my mouth, ukms.

Date: 12 June, 2020 16:14

Quote:
RossM
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Matt82

Does he want to go? It was only a couple of months ago Nemo was talking about staying and becoming a Wasps legend. If I was reading between the lines we need to cut costs and Nemo leaving is a result of that. I think itís a bad move because our other two number 8s have struggled with injuries. I would love Tom Willis to nail down the 8 shirt but itís a big step up for him to replace Nemo who rarely misses a game.

Posted by: Shugs (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 16:22

Seriously bad news. One of our best players and could play anywhere in the back row. Hoping we retain Shields now - we need to. Gives T Willis a chance to make 8 his own backed up by Vailanu. Good luck to Carr - a fantastic player for us.

Posted by: horusthewasp (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 16:32

This is a very difficult one to take - certainly the biggest loss of all those announced so far. A real stalwart from day one. Like others I believed he was in for the long haul based on his very recently stated ambition to become a Wasps legend.

Very sad to see you go Nizaam ... very sad

Posted by: Worcswasp (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 16:34

Wasnt expecting that. Top player , top man. Shame but wish him well.

Posted by: Neverwas (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 16:38

Sad news, great player, but to anyone thinking this is a bad move from wasps (not tieing him down) i respectfully disagree.
Money is tight & will get tighter, so losing some players is inevitable. Plus, he may want to return home (we dont know players personal circumstances).
The reduction in salary cap & losses due to the lockdown, on top of the the existing losses, mean tough calls will be made & players lost.
One plus (imho) that may come from it, is that we may see more opportunity for young English talent.

Posted by: Andy1210 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 16:41

Quote:
horusthewasp
This is a very difficult one to take - certainly the biggest loss of all those announced so far. A real stalwart from day one. Like others I believed he was in for the long haul based on his very recently stated ambition to become a Wasps legend.
Very sad to see you go Nizaam ... very sad

This sums up my feelings on it. He always gave the impression he was really happy at the club and saw it as a long term move and was my player of the season so far.

Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 16:57

Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
RossM
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Matt82

Does he want to go? It was only a couple of months ago Nemo was talking about staying and becoming a Wasps legend. If I was reading between the lines we need to cut costs and Nemo leaving is a result of that. I think itís a bad move because our other two number 8s have struggled with injuries. I would love Tom Willis to nail down the 8 shirt but itís a big step up for him to replace Nemo who rarely misses a game.

I donít know if he wants to go any more than you know he doesnít .... that said I doubt anyone is forcing him on the plane .... perhaps things have changed for him or his family ... who knows ..

Suggesting Wasps should cut costs in the current climate is a little ridiculous IMHO ... donít you think they are already cutting costs ?

Itís a great shame heís leaving but blaming the club for a Ďbad moveí weíll have to disagree winking smiley

Posted by: MarleyWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 17:25

Quote:
Matt82
Really bad move by the club to not tie Nemo down imo.

I believe what you're suggesting is called taking someone hostage...

Posted by: bigfecker (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 19:35

Sad news, to let a player like him go at his prime. Ashley's age was catching up with him, so you can understand that. The way the Willis brothers play, they will be injured alot, i hope we have enough cover.

Date: 12 June, 2020 21:46

Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
RossM
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Matt82

I donít know if he wants to go any more than you know he doesnít .... that said I doubt anyone is forcing him on the plane .... perhaps things have changed for him or his family ... who knows ..

Suggesting Wasps should cut costs in the current climate is a little ridiculous IMHO ... donít you think they are already cutting costs ?

Itís a great shame heís leaving but blaming the club for a Ďbad moveí weíll have to disagree winking smiley

Why ridiculous? Clearly if we are not making an offer to keep one of our most consistent players then there is an element there of needing to reduce costs because T Willis and particularly Vailanu are not in the same league as Nemo. Iím surprised if cost cutting is what we are having to do we kept Miller on. Rarely gets near the 23 and we are well stocked at 15. When are Gaskell and Si Mac contracts up? As much as they are great club men we canít get them on the pitch.

Posted by: DrHankPym(superhero) (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 21:47

Sad to see Carr go, great player for the club. I wish him well for the future.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Posted by: Shugs (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2020 22:14

Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
RossM
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Matt82

With respect how can you tie someone down if he wants to go ? .... especially as h
eís going back to his home country ..... how is it a bad move if you donít know the circumstances?

Why ridiculous? Clearly if we are not making an offer to keep one of our most consistent players then there is an element there of needing to reduce costs because T Willis and particularly Vailanu are not in the same league as Nemo. Iím surprised if cost cutting is what we are having to do we kept Miller on. Rarely gets near the 23 and we are well stocked at 15. When are Gaskell and Si Mac contracts up? As much as they are great club men we canít get them on the pitch.
Miller is exactly the sort of player clubs will be keeping. Provides cover at 10, 15, wing and centre at a push and is a very good player. I'd be amazed if the Carr scenario wasn't as simple as him wanting to go back to SA.

Posted by: Dazthelion (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2020 06:25

Real shame, great player and always fully committed to the cause. Good luck back home, Nemo

In the more general state, I wonder if Miller and others quickly had their contracts extended prior to the Cap changes being agreed, so only 75% of their salary counts towards it as a transition feature. Interesting that Wasps used the phrase ďcontract extensionĒ for everyone of them not re-signing. Could it be that since the vote on Friday any new extensions are being treated differently and so players that have not yet agreed terms would likely be offered less to stay - at which point there becomes less reason to live abroad?

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2020 08:00

Not the player you wanted to see leave....
Only hastens a Fair play scheme imv...some clubs are losing stalwart players and others like Bristol seem to recruiting like crazy.
Im sure cap is foremost in everyone's minds but clubs have to spend what they earn, and not what a rich owner can pump in indefinitely

Posted by: Neverwas (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2020 13:41

Anyone suggesting wasps didnt make an off to nemo is sadly mistaken, nemo asked for a lot of money (hes a top player & its a short career, so why not) he also wanted to stay in england & become a wasps legend, but wasps wouldnt / couldnt meet his demands (also other clubs not looking / cant afford extra recruitment at the moment) , so nemo has to go back to africa, a shame for everyone (including nemo), but hey ho, life goes on.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net