Will Rowlands To Dragons?
Posted by: Aylesbury Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 22 July, 2020 16:03

ďWales find Will Rowlands is free to join the Dragons but wants to leave Wasps on amicable terms.

The giant lock forward, who made his Test debut off the bench in Walesí Six Nations defeat to France during the truncated Six Nations, had a contract for next season at the Gallagher Premiership team.

But it became void after a temporary 25 per cent pay cut on players at clubs in England became permanent.Ē

Dragons would have to pay 80% of his salary.

Re: Will Rowlands To Dragons?
Date: 22 July, 2020 16:10

Quote:
Aylesbury Wasp)Dragons would have to pay 80% of his salary.[/quote

Apologies, correction: WRU would pay 80% of his wages.

ď WalesOnline understands, if the move goes through, Rowlands can expect to be part of Wales coach Wayne Pivacís elite group of 38 home-based players.

Eighty per cent of their wages is paid by the Welsh Rugby Union with the other 20 per cent being picked up by the regions.Ē

I hope he stays.

Posted by: Matt82 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 July, 2020 17:18

Wales online isnít the most accurate of sources. However if he does go I really hope we have something lined up.

Date: 26 July, 2020 11:47

TRP saying Rowlands will arrive at Dragons imminently. I hope firstly he sees the season out with us and secondly we have something lined up as losing Matthews, Rowlands and likely Flament leaves us extremely light at lock. Itís an area Iíve always thought weíve lacked before losing so many players there.

Posted by: bigfecker (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2020 18:57

Flament is a big loss if he leaves, we clearly need at least 2 more second rows.

Posted by: Hangover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 09:10

If we lose Rowlands and Flament we have got a real issue at Lock - that will leave us with Launch - great but off with Eng a lot, Gaskell - good but broken a lot, Cardall & Theo - very little Prem experience and M Edwards - totally unknown from D2 in France ! We need a high class Lock who is available and quickly.

Posted by: neils (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 09:28

Tibo is with Wasps until the end of next season (summer 2021) under contract unless he is let go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 09:28 by neils.

Date: 05 August, 2020 08:01

Will Rowlands will 'definitely' be in contention to play for Wasps as they prepare for the resumption of the Gallagher Premiership 2019/20 season.

The second row has been strongly linked with a move to join the Dragons to further his international ambitions after making his Test debut for Wales in February.
Lee Blackett, appointed as permanent head coach following a successful period in temporary charge prior to the coronavirus-enforced lockdown, confirmed the lock is in line to add to the 85 appearances he has made since his Wasps debut more than eight years ago.

"I fully expect Will to be here for the restart of the season, definitely," said Blackett.

Lee is not quoted as stating for the remainder of the season or this season and next. Unfortunately it does sound like Will is leaving Wasps - albeit not imminently - and perhaps at a time more convenient for all parties.

Date: 05 August, 2020 09:51

Quote:
Aylesbury Wasp
Will Rowlands will 'definitely' be in contention to play for Wasps as they prepare for the resumption of the Gallagher Premiership 2019/20 season.
The second row has been strongly linked with a move to join the Dragons to further his international ambitions after making his Test debut for Wales in February.
Lee Blackett, appointed as permanent head coach following a successful period in temporary charge prior to the coronavirus-enforced lockdown, confirmed the lock is in line to add to the 85 appearances he has made since his Wasps debut more than eight years ago.

"I fully expect Will to be here for the restart of the season, definitely," said Blackett.

Lee is not quoted as stating for the remainder of the season or this season and next. Unfortunately it does sound like Will is leaving Wasps - albeit not imminently - and perhaps at a time more convenient for all parties.

I probably think he will finish the season with us but move in there after. Hopefully gives us time to bring in a quality replacement.

Posted by: neils (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2020 10:04

Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Aylesbury Wasp

I probably think he will finish the season with us but move in there after. Hopefully gives us time to bring in a quality replacement.

Don't disagree but he is contracted to us until the end of next season so it would have to be by mutual agreement (£). All depends on whether the Welsh have any money. THeir Autumn matches in London won't make them much after rent.

Posted by: Neverwas (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2020 11:16

Not 100% certain, but do contracts count for very much at the moment, as clubs have (understandably) broken all contracts by cutting pay by 25% ?
Consequently if a player wants to leave he probably can, as the contract is 'technically' broken.
I understand the loyalty & moral factor but i dont think a contract could currently stop a player moving.
I dont like or agree with it, but there are so many unknowns at the moment.

Date: 06 August, 2020 20:04

Quote:
Neverwas
Not 100% certain, but do contracts count for very much at the moment, as clubs have (understandably) broken all contracts by cutting pay by 25% ?
Consequently if a player wants to leave he probably can, as the contract is 'technically' broken.
I understand the loyalty & moral factor but i dont think a contract could currently stop a player moving.

Well Daly walked away from his contract and Iím not sure we were compensated.

Posted by: Jack9909 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2020 11:09

Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Neverwas

Well Daly walked away from his contract and Iím not sure we were compensated.

Not having that stroppy git around the club was probably compensation enough

Date: 09 August, 2020 09:09

TRP saying a South African lock/back row will be signed next week. No names given.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net