Well done Wasps
Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2020 19:16

Can only play what’s in front of you. A good advert for not ring fencing. Good luck for rest of the season

Re: Well done Wasps
Posted by: neils (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2020 19:23

Thank you.

Posted by: WaspieMatt (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2020 19:25

As ever Stopsy- a true gent.

Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2020 19:30

Cheers Stopsy! (Sm128)

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2020 19:40

For some daft reason I thought we'd make a game of this, shows what I know.

Posted by: horusthewasp (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2020 19:46

Cheers Stopsy

Towards the end of that game I was explaining to my kid (who was surprised at the score line) that Tigers are one of the top English clubs and although they are having their challenges they will “pounce” back. You certainly made us sweat in that first quarter. You can see some of your young talent coming through. Chin up!

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2020 19:50

You are the most exciting side to watch since the break, I can only imagine how good you lot are feeling.

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2020 20:50

Quote:
tigerburnie
For some daft reason I thought we'd make a game of this, shows what I know.

When I turned on with five minutes gone and the score at seven nil to you, so did I. But fortunately we came good. On paper it was a no brainer who should’ve won but then rugby is played on grass. Good luck with the rest of the season Tigers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2020 21:27 by Buzzboy.

Posted by: WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2020 21:00

Thank you Stopsy; you are very kind. My over-whelming feeling is of relief as Tiggers never gave up. Congratulations on your grit and determination. So very glad that Tiggers are still in the Premiership next season.

Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2020 21:11

Stopsy magnanimous as ever. We are on a roll. Training must be a delight for the players. Everyone wants the shirt. Lee has given the players the freedom to enjoy themselves. This was what was missing under Dai. Tigers will come good. Organic growth is the right route and our academy graduates are proving it to be so.

Posted by: westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2020 17:15

Kind words.

I said in the other place that I don't feel Tigers are as badly placed as some. They produce and have good players, they have a large fan base, and have a great ground. They have been hurt by a series of poor off field decisions but have a solid base. They might not be able to match the Sale, Bristols and Sarries for cash, but there is no reason for them to be where they are if they get it right for the next few years.

Posted by: bigfecker (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2020 19:55

Tigers will get better, you always have the Newcastle Falcons next season, as they are a lot worse than Tigers.

Posted by: Brumwasp (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2020 20:49

My brother is a Tigers fan and his main bone of contention is Murphy still being there. He was expecting and wanting a root and branch overhaul of the coaching set up.

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2020 22:53

"Can only beat what's in front of you", subtle reminder that the Tigers team was poor

"A good advert for not ring fencing", subtle reminder that the game was lost before kick off thanks to your opponents not taking it seriously

Very magnanimous.

Posted by: Andy1210 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2020 00:18

Quote:
Brumwasp
My brother is a Tigers fan and his main bone of contention is Murphy still being there. He was expecting and wanting a root and branch overhaul of the coaching set up.

I think he’s right. Murphy at coach seems to be the consistent element in Tigers huge downturn in fortunes and I thought he’d be out when Borthwick arrived. Seems like the club have a blind spot with him or he holds too much power behind the scenes.

Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2020 08:20

Quote:
Brumwasp

Shades of Wasps under Dai in his latter years?

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2020 12:52

Quote:
ballsout
"Can only beat what's in front of you", subtle reminder that the Tigers team was poor
"A good advert for not ring fencing", subtle reminder that the game was lost before kick off thanks to your opponents not taking it seriously

Very magnanimous.

Unlike your contribution.

Posted by: Wilberforce (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2020 07:49

Quote:
ballsout

Very magnanimous.

What’s your point?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net