Morning all!
Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 07:57

Good morning to all Waspies from a warm, sunny and fresh Guildford. Rugby paper, coffee and hound stroll are the order of the day before watching our lads take on the Bears at the Ricoh!

It is clear that Pat Lam has an eye on Europe with his team selection. Top 6 and winning the challenge cup was his aim for his charges this season and with the 1/4 final on the horizon his team reflect that decision. We on the other hand have rightly gone full bore for this one, we have a 2 week rest after this game before taking on Quins and a Chiefs, so to get a win and hopefully 5 points against a top 4 challenger would be of huge significance for qualifying for the play offs, and after10 rounds this season who would of been considering this?

Come on you Wasps! (Sm128)

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

Re: Morning all!
Posted by: DuncanS (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 08:11

Morning. Upset stomach and arranging to do my Mum a favour whilst the game is on means I’m sitting here in a little bubble of woe this morning. But the coffee’s good. A five-pointer is a very real possibility here, but we must remember just a few weeks ago, when Sale brought over a weakened side and did a number on us. This Bris side won’t roll over, but I think with the relative Team selections, plus our confidence being sky high, we should win this one.

Posted by: kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 08:24

I'm really looking forward to this one. Helping coach Heathfield under 9's this morning, hoping the inspire the men in black a few hours later.
Be interesting to see the Sale Bath match after that
It's Super Sunday!
Have a good day all

Posted by: WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 08:54

Good morning everyone - there's a sunny mountain opposite looking grand and covered in sheep. I hope the boys can go on doing as well as they have been and enjoying the game too. Feeling a bit positive about this game but that doesn't mean a thing until it's all over. Play well team - very happy to see my favourite Wasp and his big brother starting together - first time I think. Safe journeys to you all wherever you are. C O Y W ...............................

Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 09:06

Sale was a lesson in complacency (although they did a fantastic job on us physically and defensively), Sarries was an example of team unity and heart against names and expectation. We must not be complacent or expectant, however confident and trust should be our watch words, we can do it, however we still need to do it.

Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 09:14

Good morning everyone ! from a sunny and warm UAE. First day of the working week here, should have been returning to the office today but its postponed again because of the COVID spike !! So working at home which is fine by me smiling smiley

Looking forward to this, should be 5 points but not easy by any means. Bristol have a few guys who will want to make a good impression in the same way our young lads have done recently. That said if we play in the same recent fashion we will be fine.

Enjoy the game wherever you are watching !

#COYW

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 10:06

Morning all. Visiting my dad in Bletchley for lunch and some hedge cutting so will get the BT Sport app on my phone all being well. Hoping for the full five pointer but not complacent in any way. We have to beat the team on the grass not paper. Go on you wasps. Have a good day everyone. Go Heathfield U9s too. That view sounds idlyic Wonky! Where are you? What’s the temperature in the UAE?

Posted by: westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 11:30

A very good morning from me. Grey weather here, let us hope the match gives us blue skies and plenty of Wasp tries.

Posted by: backdoc (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 11:32

Morning all.

Wonky's comment got me thinking about roast lamb. Sadly won't be getting that for lunch today.

Anyway - the last 3 games are all mini-cup finals. Any loss and we probably won't make the playoffs, or worse [a SF at Exeter].

Calm and sensible for 30 mins then build up the pressure.

Date: 13 September, 2020 11:41

Buzzboy ... Thanks for the compliment! Our village is one mile from the Welsh border, and half-way between Hereford and Abergavenny. the mountain is called Hatterrall Hill with Offa's Dyke along top of it. Only about 64 of us + church, unique tiny country pub, mill, river, oodles of sheep and too many 'second homes'. We were all firmly rooted in the 50s/60s but have reluctantly 'progressed' to the 70s. Allsorts of trades and professions (Mr W retd. Acct.) (Sm72)

Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 11:58

Quote:
Buzzboy
What’s the temperature in the UAE?

Right now low 40's (Sm134)

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 19:49

Beautify, Wonky!

Ouch ukms!

Posted by: FishingWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 20:05

Wonky, didn't realise you are relatively close to me, and in a similar situation: I'm in small village in the Welsh Marches, a few miles over the border from Herefordshire and into Powys, and also look out onto the normally sheep ridden Cambrian mountains, though most have now gone to market I think (that's the sheep, not the mountains).Also a retired acct/Finance director ! Quite idyllic here, the biggest downside is the long journey to home games.

Date: 14 September, 2020 08:08

Know what you mean Fishing - and it rains a lot too. Welsh gold. Our village is called Clodock, next to Longtown. We get a taxi friend take us to Worcester and daughter + family then take us to Cov. Previously Mr W drove all the way to and from Cov + family. Last time Wasps won Mr W and I cheered so loudly everyone at the pub thought we were having a Domestic! We have a metre sized wrought-iron Waspie on the cottage wall by the back door. I've lived in towns and cities (see: Once a Wasp) so we do appreciate how lucky we are.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net