Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Leicester Tigers game
Posted by: paulm1953 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2019 20:12

Great game today from all 23 players for LI. The only negative was the sparse crowd. If you are on this website and can attend the games get yourself to the Bayonne game in 2 weeks time. The boys need you.

Come on you Irish

Paul

Posted by: orsoncart (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2019 21:03

We were very good and I thought that Rona and, in particular Botha were monumental. Itís a real shame if Botha has to go to Japan - we should do everything to keep him here. I also liked the look of Phippsís quick pass, but the whole team looked good.

The only thing is the number of penalties we gave away when defending. We actually donít need to as our defence today was excellent, particularly in the centres. I actually thought that we had the rub of the green with JP. A less lenient ref might have carded earlier in the half.

But a very fine result

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2019 21:05

Quote:
orsoncart
We were very good and I thought that Rona and, in particular Botha were monumental. Itís a real shame if Botha has to go to Japan - we should do everything to keep him here. I also liked the look of Phippsís quick pass, but the whole team looked good.
The only thing is the number of penalties we gave away when defending. We actually donít need to as our defence today was excellent, particularly in the centres. I actually thought that we had the rub of the green with JP. A less lenient ref might have carded earlier in the half.

But a very fine result

Botha was sadly only here for 6 months before heading off, happily though he's coming back full time next season.

Posted by: Ruckingood (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 02:02

Quote:
orsoncart
The only thing is the number of penalties we gave away when defending. We actually donít need to as our defence today was excellent, particularly in the centres.

Just nit picking:
Great performance but giving away 19 penalties over the course of the game will need to be looked at. Also -
Allowing the opposition to score at the death is becoming a habit - stop these two and we will have a cracking season

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 07:16

Almost criminal that the BT Sport highlights don't show our third try in full starting from the turnover in our 22

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 07:54

Quote:
GHA
Almost criminal that the BT Sport highlights don't show our third try in full starting from the turnover in our 22

They showed it during the highlight broadcast last night, I'm guessing it'll be in the extended highlight package.

As you say though, criminal it's not in the regular highlights as that should be showing tries and their full build up and the extended should be the scores plus other key moments.

Posted by: cjm. (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 09:16

Quote:
Ruckingood
Quote:
orsoncart
The only thing is the number of penalties we gave away when defending. We actually donít need to as our defence today was excellent, particularly in the centres.

Just nit picking:
Great performance but giving away 19 penalties over the course of the game will need to be looked at. Also -
Allowing the opposition to score at the death is becoming a habit - stop these two and we will have a cracking season

I agree. I posted during the match about the player giving away a penalty by lifting a leg in the maul, clear as day. That sort of obvious thing needs to be trained out of the players. That said from the resulting penalty they recovered the ball and went the length of the field . So maybe it pays!

Posted by: mackemII (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 11:25

Quote:
Foggy-Balla
Quote:
frank2u
glad to see refs are still having good games on here, when we 5 try win (Sm30) ...perhaps we could employ that sneaky ruse again|?

JP didnít have a good game according to someone I sit near, but then my friend has to have a hobby & that is criticising referees (Sm14)

Now let me guess - surname beginning with G or N?

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2019 11:31

Quote:
GHA
Quote:
paddym
Great news! Not!
London Irish vs Leicester Tigers
@ Madejski Stadium
Referee: JP Doyle
Assistant referees: Andrew Jackson, Paul Dix
TMO: Sean Davey

Played 1 won 1 under JP

Make that 2 from 2 (Sm100)

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 11:53

Positives for me were our defence albeit we lived on offside and the work against the driving maul and at the breakdown

Our set piece as we didnít seem comfortable in the line outs nor scrim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2019 14:46 by HMRH.

Posted by: Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2019 16:53

Quote:
mackemII
Quote:
Foggy-Balla
Quote:
frank2u
glad to see refs are still having good games on here, when we 5 try win (Sm30) ...perhaps we could employ that sneaky ruse again|?

JP didnít have a good game according to someone I sit near, but then my friend has to have a hobby & that is criticising referees (Sm14)

Put it like this, Statler is missing Waldorf or is it vice-versa (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Date: 13 November, 2019 08:04

Quote:
Foggy-Balla
Quote:
mackemII
Quote:
Foggy-Balla
Quote:
frank2u

Put it like this, Statler is missing Waldorf or is it vice-versa (Sm14)

Mr N PM'd me to declare his innocence - "I was nowhere near the scene M'lud"

Posted by: Griff (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2019 09:31

Look. If I don't help Sir how will they ever learn?

Date: 13 November, 2019 11:31

Quote:
Griff
Look. If I don't help Sir how will they ever learn?

Good point, well presented Sir.

Posted by: AlecW (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2019 12:18

That's "Look. If I don't help Sir how will they he ever learn?"

But then I guess Sir doesn't have to use correct English grammar: 'tis probably not necessary when communicating with professional rugby players...!

(Sm42)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2019 12:18 by AlecW.

Posted by: Griff (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2019 12:27

Firstly, let's not impose gender onto people, plus we've definitely seen at least one Sir that, almost certainly, identified as female. Secondly, there are more than one Sir who can learn from my wisdom. Hence my use of "they" was entirely correct but thanks for playing Alec. (Sm85)

Posted by: AlecW (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2019 20:00

Ah. Hadnít realised just how woke you were.

Respect...

(Sm128)

Posted by: norg2072 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 November, 2019 09:34

For those that want to enjoy the whole game again or regret not going, its available via the Premiership Rugby app / website

Current Page: 5 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net