Premiership under18's Finals day
Posted by: LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 22:31

Just want to congratulate the LI under 18's squad on reaching the finals this Sunday, hope they go all the way and win it. Just wondering how to get tickets.

Re: Premiership under18's Finals day
Posted by: LiKR43 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 07:08

The boys have done really well all season but it will be a very tough game against Tigers who have won the title in the last two seasons and have only lost once in the last three seasons

It is free entry to Sixways- assume we can just turn up on the day

Date: 11 February, 2020 08:03

Cheers LiK43

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 10:42

Reckon will be a good game.
Tigers have been more forward focused compared to last season (Largely down to our more experienced players being forwards), whereas Irish have seemed to be a lot more flashy.

Posted by: Steelman (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 10:44

Tempest forecast for Sunday,and I'm not talking about that miserable excuse for a sir ! Shame, a freebie is always so deeply attractive,and I was just about to pop down to the stables and run up the old Bentley.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 11:49

Tigers Academy XV: O - Ollie Smith (Denstone College), N - Josh Lugsden (Brooksby Melton College), M - Cormac Calnan (Stamford), L - Matt Potts (Leicester Grammar), K - Jake Sterland (Brooksby Melton College), J - Charlie Titcombe (Oakham), I - Sam Edwards (Brooksby Melton College); A - Seb Smith (Stamford), B - Archie Vanes (Brooksby Melton College), C - Jack Rowntree (Leicester Grammar), D - Callum Oakden (Brooksby Melton College), E - Bobby Singer (Stamford), F - Kit Smith (Oakham), H - Jordan Tebbatt (Brooksby Melton College), G - Ben Muncaster (Rugby School)
Replacements: P - Joe Plunkett (Langley), Q - Lynx Noumey (Ellesmere), R - Dan Clements (Brooksby Melton College), S - Phil Tandoh (Stamford), T - Noah Leo (Brooksby Melton College); U - Jed Gelderbloom (Oakham), V - Billy Hull (Rugby), W - Henry Joule (Oakham)

Posted by: Steelman (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 08:08

Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
Reckon will be a good game.
Tigers have been more forward focused compared to last season (Largely down to our more experienced players being forwards), whereas Irish have seemed to be a lot more flashy.

Weather update, Not too bad ,light rain showers,17 mph winds.

Posted by: ExiledChameleon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:13

Is it being streamed?

Posted by: mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 16:10

KCK OFF …..4 MINUTES GONE AND TRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY TO IRISH,

OFFY SITE DOING UPDATES

[www.london-irish.com]

LEICS 0 - 7 IRISH

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Date: 16 February, 2020 16:59

Currently 17-17

Posted by: mulledwinemarie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 17:16

NOW 22 - 22

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 17:31

Which is how it stays, trophy shared between the teams

Date: 16 February, 2020 17:32

FS 22 - 22 trophy is shared, well done the boys,

Date: 16 February, 2020 17:47

Well done to both sides

Posted by: waltham (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 20:18

Great result by the LI squad AND John Fisher as coach..

Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 22:46

Yep cracking performance. Some hugely talented kids coming through, but also a superb effort by those who may not go on to make careers out of pro rugby. Something to remember. Well played to both teams.

On the coaching front I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Grady coaching at senior level before too long. Hopefully with us. Speaks very intelligently about the game and this team have scored a mountain of tries this season.

Posted by: Bill the chip (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 08:48

Went along to this game yesterday still on a massive high from being blown away at the Quins game the day before. I was truly impressed with the skill level, discipline and commitment from both teams.

As stated above,Tigers were slightly more forward dominated and looked physically “ the next size up” but this was far from the only string to their bow. Irish more than matched them up front, with our 1st try being an incredible solo effort by our no3 I think. Our backs looked sharp and well drilled ,with Will Joseph causing a lot of havoc.

The fact the game finished as a draw should no way detract from what was a great spectacle and advert for the game. I saw no “backchat” or scrapping at all which could so easily happen at this level,and to see two top teams together and enjoying the game for what it is seemed fitting on this occasion and the spoils shared

Posted by: LiKR43 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 09:06

The boys put in a lot of hard work and some great performances throughout the season. They were the leading try scorers across both conferences and got a try BP in every game (including four tries in the final) - a great achievement from the whole squad and backroom staff.

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 11:30

Highlights are here

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

Posted by: waltham (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 10:49

Some good stuff there...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net