Marland Yarde
Posted by: Exilepaul (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2020 23:00

Ruck suggesting he could be returning to us my guess to carry Ollie Hassell Collins' water bottle

Re: Marland Yarde
Posted by: cjm. (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2020 23:59

Quote:
Exilepaul
Ruck suggesting he could be returning to us my guess to carry Ollie Hassell Collins' water bottle

Carrying the water bottle for the guy who carries the water bottle for OHC. :-)

Saw a couple of games recently and wasn't impressed. He stood out when he was with us before but not sure that would the case at all now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 00:00 by cjm..

Posted by: tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 07:33

Quote:
cjm.
Quote:
Exilepaul

Carrying the water bottle for the guy who carries the water bottle for OHC. :-)

Saw a couple of games recently and wasn't impressed. He stood out when he was with us before but not sure that would the case at all now.

I wouldn't agree with this. Hes hit a bit of a purple patch recently fi fishing well and supporting runners. Back to his best.

Still wouldn't have him. Apparently hes a nightmare of a person with a poor attitude and loses his head easily.

Posted by: cjm. (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 09:44

Hmm, can only go by the couple of matches I saw. Might be wrong.

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 10:08

Certain websites and social media accounts and gossip columns and stuff know how to write good clickbait articles that get fans talking. I wonder if in rugby circles the formula for London Irish fans is 'Former player X to return'

Posted by: Paul_D (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 10:20

The Mail reported on 25th March that he's on the verge of signing a new contract with Sale.

Link

Posted by: Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 10:38

Would be surprised if he came back given Sale seem to have pushed Ashton out to avoid any cap pressure, so it would be an odd decision if they were expecting Marland to leave too.

I'd also say that wing doesn't really need an extra player as we've got Loader (rumoured to have signed a further contract), OHC and Naholo plus cover from Williams and Rona. I'd rather bring in a pure fullback to compete with Parton (who I believe can also play wing and fly half) so Jackson can focus on fly half. I was hoping Veitokani would be that player but if he does stay he should probably be at fly half where he's got more experience.

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 10:56

Surely it hasnít been so long that youíve all forgotten what agents do to get their player a better offer for current club? Gibson was meant to be coming back to us......just before he signed a new deal at saints. This always happens during renewal time. I always felt we got the best out of Yarde because we played to his strengths and got him on the ball as much as possible. Heís not a one on one sprint race winger, he needs to be in the think of it, coming off the wing and chasing down kick offs, he was brilliant at that for us.

Posted by: waltham (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 11:12

I'd welcome Yarde back...He certainly played well against us...

Posted by: PV (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 11:44

Terrible rep, not one to help build on existing team culture.

Posted by: Shawshank (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 12:25

He looks like he has lost a yard or two of pace since his horrible injury.

Posted by: LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 17:00

Agree with Jimbo, it's standard practice when your contract is up for renewal, always mention previous clubs or clubs in the marketplace, I noticed that a return to Quins was not pushed about, considering the dark cloud he left there under.

Posted by: M51 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 18:41

Not for me, too much baggage.

Posted by: Greenboots (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2020 09:32

Cant see it myself probably agent talk i think.

If it were to happen though i would be happy enough we have been short on the wing this season and he has been in good form recently and experienced in the league

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net