Current Page: 1 of 2
Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: no17 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 16:15

In no particular order .. we are not going to be relegated this season, we are still above Leicester in the table, we are moving to Kew Bridge, we have a great bunch of academy lads coming through, Theo B-C finished a game apparently un-injured, George Nott has improved out of all recognition, one day we may get some of our big-name signings on the pitch for a few games, the club has not gone bust and ...... help me out here.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: Nick4219 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 16:24

Quote:
no17
In no particular order .. we are not going to be relegated this season, we are still above Leicester in the table, we are moving to Kew Bridge, we have a great bunch of academy lads coming through, Theo B-C finished a game apparently un-injured, George Nott has improved out of all recognition, one day we may get some of our big-name signings on the pitch for a few games, the club has not gone bust and ...... help me out here.

Careful mate, you will be accused of being too positive and branded a superfan!

Hopefully a two week rest should sort some things out with the team

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: Exilepaul (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 17:00

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 17:09

Quote:
Exilepaul
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Positive - yesterday's loss means our friend Paul won't be ranting and raving anymore as he doesn't have the energy it's just complete apathy, apparently

thumbs down

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: no17 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 17:28

I just got a bit fed up with all the miserabilists posting here. To quote the great Sergeant Oddball - Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves ? Yes, the last 10 years have been a bit average but I believe we are well set for the future. ( My new medication is working a treat. )

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: Despriarno (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 18:04

On the plus side...
There may not be a London Double header,
We are getting very good at squad rotation,
There is an up to 60% sales on LI replica kit in the online shop


And I have won my last 6 bets on London Irish matches

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: Exilepaul (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 18:58

Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Positive - yesterday's loss means our friend Paul won't be ranting and raving anymore as he doesn't have the energy it's just complete apathy, apparently

thumbs down

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: franciscorrigan (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 18:59

I never bet on, or against, my own team, but that nice Mr. W Hill has paid for my season ticket with some astoundingly stupid handicaps on the other games since lockdown (Sm63)

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: shimmieandshake (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 20:09

Quote:
no17
In no particular order .. we are not going to be relegated this season, we are still above Leicester in the table, we are moving to Kew Bridge, we have a great bunch of academy lads coming through, Theo B-C finished a game apparently un-injured, George Nott has improved out of all recognition, one day we may get some of our big-name signings on the pitch for a few games, the club has not gone bust and ...... help me out here.

Donnell has firmly established himself in the first team. Cooke's been fantastic. Will Goodrick-Clarke continues to look at home. James Stokes has continued to play well (deserves a full-time contract, in my view). Phipps and Paddy demonstrating the sparks of a potentially stellar connection against Gloucs.

It's not all bad indeed. Don't get me wrong, there's been a decent chunk of rubbish recently, and it's been incredibly frustrating at times, but let's not be blinded to some of our performances before lockdown - the Wasps win, Quins, Northampton, Leicester. We're still that side, and can get back to it once the chaos of this season is over.

Need a lie down after such positivity.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: mackemII (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 20:38

Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Positive - yesterday's loss means our friend Paul won't be ranting and raving anymore as he doesn't have the energy it's just complete apathy, apparently

thumbs down

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I thought all the primary schools went back last week? Shouldn't you be in bed?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2020 20:43 by mackemII.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: PV (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 21:05

Cipriani having a shocker? Happens to the best of us...

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: baldstumpy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 08:28

????

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: SixNineOne (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 08:45

We shouldn’t forget that we are not the only team enjoying a worrying slump in form. Tigers and Worcester have had to rely on victories over us to try to maintain a modicum of self respect, and Saints have lost six of their last seven (and the win over us probably doesn’t count in their minds...) We should also remember that Falcons won’t have had a “pre-season” like us when the new season starts, so let’s hope we get to play them early on! I hesitate to say that this rump end of the season doesn’t matter, because I don’t like the idea of a losing mindset, but it certainly doesn’t matter as much as it might in more normal times.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 12:29

Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: Exilepaul (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 12:46

Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 14:18

Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

Aren't we all?

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: Exilepaul (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 15:16

Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

Aren't we all?

Yeah because being addicted to painkillers for example is the same as being on medication to numb the pain of seeing a loved one you live with suffer isnt it.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 17:26

Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

Aren't we all?

Yeah because being addicted to painkillers for example is the same as being on medication to numb the pain of seeing a loved one you live with suffer isnt it.

Maybe you should take a break from the Irish and the message board for a while then

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: Exilepaul (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 18:19

Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Exilepaul
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
no17
...( My new medication is working a treat. )

Can you pass some of it to EP?

I'm actually on medication for things out of my control Simon so I'd appreciate if you actually shut the hell up

Aren't we all?

Yeah because being addicted to painkillers for example is the same as being on medication to numb the pain of seeing a loved one you live with suffer isnt it.

Maybe you should take a break from the Irish and the message board for a while then

Give up my one love and my one release during the week in probably the worst year in living memory? I get nothing but constant cheap jibes because I criticise our performances but I've seen other people say far worse but nothing ever gets said because it's not me, but it's ok too constantly go in on me on this I even see my name in threads I dont even talk in the hypocrisy stinks

Re: Reasons to be cheerful
Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 18:30

You only joined the message board in January, remember?

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net