Tigers v Saints
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 18:04

Anyone who was there comment on Saints' defence compared to previous - I note they still conceded four tries ?

Re: Tigers v Saints
Posted by: Scrummy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 18:23

So did we ;-)

Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 18:25

I shall do tomorrow when I am finally back. But not sure we need to be too worries against mediocre sides

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Posted by: Flook (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 18:30

Quote:
Chris Hoddle
I shall do tomorrow when I am finally back. But not sure we need to be too worries against mediocre sides

Hopefully that is the Stella speaking, because if it is intended to be humour, it doesn't work for me.

Posted by: 195Rich (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 19:11

oooh it worked for me - not often Tigers have been described as mediocre!

Posted by: Saint For Life (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 22:04

In my 40 years watching the Saints there have been very few away wins against tiggs . More than happy with a 3-0 win - a 50-49 , 41- 40 or a 30- 22 and loads of tries is just superb . I do not care how many points we concede against tiggs as long as we score at least 1 point more. Anyway the usual merchants of doom posters have probably now concluded that Gloucester with no wins to- date are definitely relegation candidates , closely followed by tiggs as we beat them and then I guess they would also include saints . I for one will just focus on a top 4 or hopefully better position and expect Gloucester to also be in the mix at the end of the season . Roll on the real season .

Date: 12 October, 2019 22:24

Our defence, by general consent has looked vulnerable in all the pre-season games so far. I was merely wondering if there were signs of improvement in today's match.

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 06:12

Quote:
195Rich
oooh it worked for me - not often Tigers have been described as mediocre!
Well that sounds like a better season ahead for Tigers compared to last year when they were just plain carp.

Posted by: 195Rich (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 08:34

.... never heard of them described as fish either!!!

Date: 13 October, 2019 09:46

Well Flook
Mediocre:-ADJECTIVE
of only average quality; not very good.

So that would mean teams between 5to 8 would be in the idle and thus average. I could but several teams in the top four but the last two years it certainly wouldn't be Leicester. (Sm128)

So to the game. I thought that the Saints dominated some large parts of the game and I feel still need to concentrate on converting the procession into points. There were at least a couple of time we were close to the 5m but failed to score any points.

Once again it did seem to easy for them to break through our defence when they scored. It did appear that two times were breaks down the same wing defended by Ryan Olowofela. I am not saying it was his fault just it was that side of the pitch.

We gave a penalty away at their first scrum, but after that I can not readily recall another one given.

There were some rather silly high tackles, no need for them. They never had force and really brush over the players heads. Clearly Saints need to make sure they aim much much lower or we will find ourselves down a man.

I recon we will see a team really up for it next week with many of the players from yesterday with a few switches in personel. For me Tom Collins and Rory Hutchinson would start.

I think the centres and George Furbank played well and should clearly be in the squad next week.
May be struggling at Hooker as James fish ran off with a HIA and was not seen again.

Date: 13 October, 2019 15:36

Posted by: pksaint (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 18:39

Did I miss something on the team sheet or has David Ribbans been moved to centre?

Posted by: StBleach (IP Logged)
Date: 14 October, 2019 18:36

The saints no 14 [ donít know him ] doesnít seem to know how to tackle.

Date: 14 October, 2019 19:00

Rob,
Ryan Olowofela played sevens last season for England I believe. his brother was in the Tigers team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net