Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Transfer chaos
Posted by: St Saltaire (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 11:17

No player or employee in any line of business would turn down an increase in salary but I would expect them to question side arrangements that donít apply to others? Iím happy to give them the benefit of the doubt though. Itís only fair that draconian measures are taken against the Club. The players will be able to vote with their feet at Contract renewals time. I suspect that many will not be staying.

Posted by: Former Hollywood Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 11:32

Quote:
lilyg
Quote:
Former Hollywood Saint
Also Stokey said player would spend 2 years in the Champs. Its only 1 season isnt it, or did I miss something?
FHS

The current Championship rules say that the club winning promotion must show that they have operated within the Premiership salary cap for two years - the year of promotion and the year before. Currently, they will spend two seasons in the Championship IF the rules stay the same, but I wouldnt put it past the RFU to change that asap!

Wow ok that is interesting and I didn't actually know about that.

I'm sure they will find a way to give special circumstances to Sarries though.

FHS

Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 11:32

Quote:
Jamie_86
Quote:
Saint
Would you want players who expect brown envelopes as well as salary ?

Let's be honest, do we really think that any of our current playing squad would say no to more money, especially if the hierarchy of the club gave them the impression this was all above board (which presumably they did). In fact, better question that that, would you??

I don't think we can blame the players here.

Same line thatís used when celebrityís And companies purposely look for ways to avoid paying the correct tax, and try to blame their accountant.
Ignorance is no excuse & if something seems too good to be true, or you wonder why no one else seems to be doing it. Itís probably because itís illegal.

Iím sure as they got told to ditch their agents, (so a dodgy deal could be done), then looked round the changing room and saw how many players who would be earning a similar wage to them were sat next to them.
And they compared to their previous team. It would of been obvious something was different at Saracens.

No not the wolf pack mentality, not better coaching than everyone else. Just lots more money than everyone else and a lot less morals.
Players who were happy to talk about how they feel privileged to play for Saracens, every interview, the same old spiel. How they could earn much more elsewhere but they stay for the Wolfpack. Meanwhile theyíre all earning as much as most teams marquee signings.
Them, the coaches & Nigel Wray taking everyone for complete mugs.

Not all players would be involved by any means, the low paid fringe players. But all these superstars, theyíre the ones who bent the system with Nigel. And thereís no way they wouldnít of wondered why Saracens can pay more for them whilst having a better squad than the rest of the premiership already, not a chance. But they sign and talk about playing for Saracens for the culture, to feed the lie machine and cheat one more season.

Players like Courtney Lawes grafting for Saints and England for years & years & playerís like Itoje strutting about with his tainted medals in his pocket , overinflated wage, his LTD company, talking the talk about Saracens, rocking up to England camps to act like brothers in arms.

Mugs, the lot of them.

Posted by: Saint Maul (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 11:54

If I was a Sarries player I'd also be concerned will the Wray family choose to continue funding massive losses.

If not then their contract is worthless and they'll end up without a contract mid-season. Personally, I'd be looking to get out soonest and not be the last person standing on a sinking ship.

Nigel Wray is viewed as a pariah. Where's the fun if he doesn't get to play and show off his toy and there's no chance of silverware for a number of years. Sponsors will desert a toxic brand. Season tickets will drop through a mix of disillusioned fans and lack of decent competition.

Losses will be massive. Say £20 million before they can compete for top honours again. And then they are on a level playing field so no guarantee of trophies.

Posted by: andysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 12:01

Itís the nature of professional sports and fixed term contracts. Some will stay, some will leave. I donít see it as transfer chaos and should not see why it would interfere with Saints plans who have a thriving academy and who are evolving rather than revolving each year. Tigers might have a different perspective as they need an overhaul.

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 12:49

I donít buy that Tigers need an overhaul they just need good coaches

Before Boyd arrived loads of posters were saying the squad was pants, needed an overhaul, will take 3 years etc

With decent coaches they would be top 4 or v close

Posted by: Whiston Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 12:56

It is an interesting debate around players moving on due to Sarries needing to get themselves below the cap and their need to be playing in the Premiership. I can understand why people would not want CC to return as he is past his best and left with a lot to say about the club. Would we be interested in bringing Rotimi Segun back? His reasons for leaving reflected primarily on the regime Running the club at the time rather than him.

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 16:19

Quote:
Former Hollywood Saint
Quote:
lilyg
Quote:
Former Hollywood Saint
Also Stokey said player would spend 2 years in the Champs. Its only 1 season isnt it, or did I miss something?
FHS

The current Championship rules say that the club winning promotion must show that they have operated within the Premiership salary cap for two years - the year of promotion and the year before. Currently, they will spend two seasons in the Championship IF the rules stay the same, but I wouldnt put it past the RFU to change that asap!

Wow ok that is interesting and I didn't actually know about that.

I'm sure they will find a way to give special circumstances to Sarries though.

Well thereís certainly something special been going on there

FHS

Posted by: WesternWanderer (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 16:38

Agree it's the international fringe players who will be most likely to leave - reduced opportunity to showcase talent - potential loan agreements?

Also this may have the effect of reducing rampant inflation in player wages as English clubs now know that the cap is going to be policed properly.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net