I know it's unlikely but...
Posted by: ramseysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 07:37

In the final round of the season both Exeter and Tigers are fighting for 5th place and are both on the same points, (Chiefs play Bath and Sarries play Tigers in this round). Both matched ko at the same time Chiefs game goes to normal time and they finish with a 4 point win, Tigers have scored only 3 tries when the Chiefs finish but they still have a couple of minutes to play, so Sarries decide they hate Tony Rowe and gift Tigers the bonus point try.

Unlikely I know but it gives an example of how Sarries could still affect the outcome of this season.

.....In the above example we ended up having a home semi against Tigers, we were down to 14 men needing a last minute try, Tom Wood stepped up and scored putting us in the final.... Unlikely but it could happen*

Re: I know it's unlikely but...
Posted by: Abington Adam (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 08:06

It wouldn't benefit us as one of only two sides to date who've beaten Saracens but their results should be expunged while allowing them to fulfil their fixtures as friendlies.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Posted by: St Saltaire (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 08:38

AA - I agree that their results should be expunged. The early results may have been different if the squad knew that they were relegated rather than in with a chance of survival. Results from here on in may be affected by squad reduction as some players will be off to other countries. Letting them continue as friendlies is a practical solution and would also allow us to play our Academy graduate team to make a point.

Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 09:14

Quote:
Abington Adam
It wouldn't benefit us as one of only two sides to date who've beaten Saracens but their results should be expunged while allowing them to fulfil their fixtures as friendlies.

Agree this is the only fair way to proceed with this season !

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 09:25

A panel from Premier League needs to be at each Sarries game and warn them over the potential risks of match fixing.

If Sarries internationally don't turn up or throw a game, this is exactly what it is. Player and Club bans.

Posted by: Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 09:27

Just kick them out now and remove points for all their games

Hard but fair for all

I think their fans would be insufferable and a risk of violence if they stay in the league

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 10:05

Quote:
Saint
Hard but fair for all

I think their fans would be insufferable and a risk of violence if they stay in the league

Most of their fans are genuine rugby fans, even under these circumstances. To suggest violence is ridiculous in my opinion.

Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 11:08

Quote:
smitferbrainz
Quote:
Saint
Hard but fair for all

Most of their fans are genuine rugby fans, even under these circumstances. To suggest violence is ridiculous in my opinion.

Where did they suggest violence ?
Big difference to the poster pointing out a possibility, and suggesting it.
I think the post was quite clear in that respect.
Not really something we need to be misinterpreted.

Posted by: Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 14:38

Tinder box situation with passions high, Drunk fans is not a good combination and a situation which PL and clubs need to assess

Posted by: SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 19:12

I guess Salaries will be "doing a Leinster" now

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net