Billy out?
Posted by: pksaint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 15:38

If Billy has broken his arm that should push 'T' further into the reconning..... Surely?

Re: Billy out?
Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 15:40

Eddie best treat him better this time or he can sling his hook next time he comes knocking at Saints door again.

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 16:08

Quote:
pksaint
If Billy has broken his arm that should push 'T' further into the reconning..... Surely?

It should but Im guessing Dombrandt and Earls will be the chosen two

Posted by: WesternWanderer (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 16:27

Think Earls more of 6/7 than 8 but maybe Sam Simmonds at Exeter?

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:16

Quote:
WesternWanderer
Think Earls more of 6/7 than 8 but maybe Sam Simmonds at Exeter?

Agree about Simmonds.

Earls was playing 7 today but went to 8 when Skelton was sent off and that was in-spite of Jackson Wray playing 6. Commentators did say hed played 8 while Billy was in Japan

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:59

Personally, the more Chiefs, Bears and Sarries that go to the 6nations, the better. With us playing them in the league while the internationals are on gives us a great chance to cement our position in the league.

Happy to see Simmons, Earl or Hughes at 8 as it means they won't play against us.

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 08:49

Hughes boat sailed along time ago imho... was never able to cut it at international level and now at his age, England shouldn't look back.

Posted by: Saint Matt (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 09:51

Good news for England IMO, forces them to look above the "give it to Billy on phase 1" playbook, although of course I take no joy in any player suffering an injury.

I don't think T is big enough for an international 8, he's only just big enough for a Premiership 8, I guess part of the reason so many posts on here call for signing a monster 8 and moving T to 7...

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 10:19

If T isn't big enough, then is Sam Simmons.... I thought the few games he played for England prior to his injury, he really looked at home?

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 13:37

Personally, I'm not of the opinion that T is too small. Look at the way he plays. How often do he fail to make yards, even against bigger opposition?

Quite what Eddie's issue with Tei was, I don't know but his mind appears to have been made up.

The way that we play, Tei is ideal. My call for a big 6/8 is not to push Tei to 7 but to give us options, to give Tei a break and to give us options against a different type of team.

Posted by: ramseysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 13:48

Quote:
Saint Stokey
Personally, the more Chiefs, Bears and Sarries that go to the 6nations, the better. With us playing them in the league while the internationals are on gives us a great chance to cement our position in the league.
Happy to see Simmons, Earl or Hughes at 8 as it means they won't play against us.

+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net