Current Page: 1 of 3
It's Exeter
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:17

in the quarter final. Toulouse beat Glaws 35-14 so they will be in third place. I would have preferred Toulouse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2020 17:22 by tedge.

European Quarter Final
Posted by: manxsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:15

Will we be journeying to Exeter - or Toulouse?

Oh joy - it's Exeter - and at least we don't have to face that monster Toulouse pack!

Re: European Quarter Final
Posted by: PelerinStJames (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:17

Where will the game be played? Doesnt it have to be a 15k+ stadium or a QF which is why we played games at MK.

Let down by the French
Posted by: Sans Culottes (IP Logged)

I was hoping to go to Racing or Toulouse. B****r

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:20

Quote:
PelerinStJames
Where will the game be played? Doesnt it have to be a 15k+ stadium or a QF which is why we played games at MK.

The game will be played at Sandy Park.

So it's Exeter in the quarters
Posted by: Stockers (IP Logged)

Re: So it's Exeter in the quarters
Posted by: Stockers (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:16

Toulouse didn't do quite enough v Glos to get second place so it will be an all English QF

Posted by: PelerinStJames (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:24

Quote:
smitferbrainz
Quote:
PelerinStJames

Saints via Facebook just replied to my question there saying TBC.

Re: I think it's Exeter
Posted by: ElySaint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:26

Toulouse would have been lovely!

But, away at Exeter will be great fun too. Anything from here in Europe is a bonus for me.

Re: It's Exeter
Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:27

I’m sure I heard that if they got a home 1/4 then it would be at Sandy Park. Not sure where I heard it but I did pick that up from somewhere. Better Exeter for me, we know the ground and the set up. I think the thought of Toulouse at there place is daunting. Maybe a nice trip for the fans but from a rugby point of view, boy are they good at home. If we do beat Exe as well will we get a home semi? By home I mean in England.

Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:28

Interesting that I believe BT have their caption wrong They were saying all the way through how many points Toulouse needed to get 2nd and a potential home semi final. They didn't so that would fall to Exeter. There caption still showed Toulouse.
So I wonder when we beat Exeter will the semi final be at MK?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Posted by: fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:37

Quote:
smitferbrainz
Quote:
PelerinStJames

I think its some wrinkle related to the availability of a large capacity stadium in reasonable distance.

Date: 19 January, 2020 17:41

Why does anybody think we will beat Exeter away ?

Date: 19 January, 2020 17:45

Tedge more in hope that I believe we may have a chance against them rather than either Leinster or Toulouse. I am hoping to go to the game and I prefer to think we have a chance as opposed to very little
Just my way of thinking. glass half full and all that(Sm128)

Posted by: Sir Hector (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:46

Why wouldn’t we beat Exeter? Granted they are a good side with home advantage, but you have to believe we have a chance of upsetting them! We have some top players determined to win some silverware, they’ll be going thinking there is every chance of a win.

Date: 19 January, 2020 17:50

Merely recalling last season's experiences at Sandy Park

Posted by: OlneySaint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:52

If the ref had been any good then we would have been going to Toulouse

Posted by: fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:52

Quote:
tedge
Merely recalling last season's experiences at Sandy Park

We barely had 23 fit players when we played that. We are currently in much better shape and the breakthrough players have a seasons more experience. I wouldnt write us off.

Date: 19 January, 2020 17:54

The club will be very disappointed, well the directors. Chatting to a couple of them on the way back they clearly wanted a game away with a big stadium as they share the gate receipts and would want the money. I think they were hoping for Leinster as that would be a bumper pay out?

Posted by: Abington Adam (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:54

We've got two and a half months to take the step up that would allow us to compete with chiefs. Personally I wouldn't be at all upset with a narrow defeat that sowed seeds of doubt in Exeter minds ahead of a potential premiership final showdown

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net