Current Page: 1 of 3
England squad announced
Posted by: LeedsSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:06

Forwards:
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 21 caps)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 19 caps)
Tom Dunn (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped)
Ben Earl (Saracens, uncapped)
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 12 caps)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 14 caps)
Jamie George (Saracens, 45 caps)
Ted Hill (Worcester Warriors, 1 cap)
Maro Itoje (Saracens, 34 caps)
George Kruis (Saracens, 41 caps)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 62 caps)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 81 caps)
Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 6 caps)
Joe Marler (Harlequins, 68 caps)
Alex Moon (Northampton Saints, uncapped)
Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 31 caps)
Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, uncapped)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 15 caps)
Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 58 caps)
Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, 18 caps)

Backs:
Elliot Daly (Saracens, 39 caps)
Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs, 1 cap)
Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints, uncapped)
Owen Farrell (Saracens, 79 caps)
George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 65 caps)
George Furbank (Northampton Saints, uncapped)
Willi Heinz (Gloucester Rugby, 9 caps)
Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 47 caps)
Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 52 caps)
Ollie Thorley (Gloucester Rugby, uncapped)
Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers, 40 caps)
Jacob Umaga (Wasps, uncapped)
Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, 42 caps)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 95 caps)

Apprentice players:
Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints, uncapped)
Josh Hodge (Newcastle Falcons, uncapped)

Great to see so many saints boys make the cut!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2020 12:16 by Saint Ted.

Six Saints for England
Posted by: Abington Adam (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:06

In addition to Courtney Lawes and Lewis Ludlam, Eddie Jones has selected Furbank, Moon, and Dingwall in his Six Nations squad with Alex Mitchell also named as an apprentice player. Congratulations to all of them, it's brilliant to see the red rose becoming a bit more black, green and gold!

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Re: England squad announced
Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:11

Surprised a little by Dingers given a lack of game time but he does look a real good prospect, Alex Moon was outstanding last season and has continued this. Congrats to all, playing attractive rugby and being at the right end of the table has definitely benefited these guys.

Date: 20 January, 2020 12:14

With 34 into 23 not being possible it will be interesting to see how involved our young lads are. Clearly it's a case of Eddie wanting to take a closer look at some who have long term potential, which isn't to take anything away from the remarkable achievements of those Saints players.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
EMRU Referee

Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:14

Fair to say that if Furbank hadn't received the call there would have been a good scratching of the head.
But what fantastic recognition for Moon and Dingwall, they must be stunned and exhilarated.
Congratulations to all

Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:17

LeedsSaint, the only reason I've edited your post was to make it a bit easier on the eye, nothing more

Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:18

Is Dingwall there to stop any thoughts of Scotland (if in fact he has any options?)

Well done to all of the lads.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:19

only downside that I can see is that we are without 6 ( 8 including Hutch and Biggs) of our 1st choice squad.

We have to player Sarries who lose 7, Exeter who lose only 4 and Bristol who lose none!

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:20

Well done boys. Shame for T as heís done so well. Heíll be fighting on for Saints though which is brilliant.

Date: 20 January, 2020 12:21

Quote:
Saint Stokey
only downside that I can see is that we are without 6 ( 8 including Hutch and Biggs) of our 1st choice squad.
We have to player Sarries who lose 7, Exeter who lose only 4 and Bristol who lose none!

Yeah, only the other day we were talking about how we shouldn't be too badly affected! As I wrote above though, we may get a couple of those lads back once EJ has whittled it down to the matchday squad.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
EMRU Referee

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:21

Quote:
Saint Stokey

Some may be returned if they donít make match day squads.

Posted by: LeedsSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:23

Quote:
Saint Ted
LeedsSaint, the only reason I've edited your post was to make it a bit easier on the eye, nothing more
No worries! thanks for reformatting

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:24

Whilst I hope they all have a significant impact, Eddie does have a habit of sending players home broken and in kit form. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen to us.

If the likes of Moon, Lewis, Fraser and Furbs don't play as much as they'd like, it will be great experience to be around other top players, coaches and differing systems.

In the meantime, looks like Harry will be at 15 and centres pairing between Symons, Francis and Proctor. I mean, we've had worse back ups!

Edit:
didn't we lose 9 at the world cup? Think we still be Sarries and sat top of the league for a while... so it'd perfectly doable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2020 12:25 by Saint Stokey.

Posted by: BuckSt (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:24

Looks like he is undecided on Lock options- their are 6 locks but obviously Lawes and Itoje do play at 6 as well.
Interesting to see who plays at 8 is the biggest option there Ludders?
Congrats to the guys especially Dingwall who looking at the team isnít too far off getting game time at international

Posted by: Stevie Myler's right boot (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:27

All should be congratulated - Only concern is whether Eddie breaks some of the young lads or not - he has form there

Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:28

How fantastic is that!!!

Moon was the one that made me smile the most, caught me off guard, but I think we look at our backs and get caught up in their talent and guessing who will get international honours.

But Moon has been so consistent for us and a real grafter, great to see that get recognition as well as the fancy stuff the twinkle toes backs have been serving up.

Well done lads & do us proud !!

Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:32

Quote:
Stevie Myler's right boot
All should be congratulated - Only concern is whether Eddie breaks some of the young lads or not - he has form there

Iím with you on that one, these sort of moments make or break a young player in terms of confidence, I hope he handles them carefully.

Also no broken bones or knackered ligaments from the *famous training sessions would be quite welcome.

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:37

Really chocked for the guys... Moon and Dingwall especially, as I think we knew Courts n Ludders would be there and probably Furbanks to...

What I also love is Mitchell is there as an apprentice... hasn't played all season and brought along, it shows that England are watching him and rate him as highly as some of us do!

Posted by: Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:43

Well Ludlam has set the other young Saints the blueprint. Go into camp, work your knackers off, play just as you have for Saints and who knows what will happen.

What an amazingly Ďbraveí selection from Eddie Jones. So easy to stick with the same old, same old, but a real sign to any young talent, play well and Iíll have a proper look at you.

So chuffed for the guys. Would have loved to have been in earshot when those young players heard the news.

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:46

What does "apprentice" mean in this context - I haven't heard it before ?

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net