Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Wandies tonight
Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 21:24

Decent win 54-12

Posted by: shiversaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 23:31

V. impressed with Langley. Hope we do something there.

Harry was in a class of his own at 10.

Posted by: StBleach (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 06:43

So good to be able to watch it live on FB but not the same without a bag of fish and chips..

Posted by: Sir Hector (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 08:58

Agree, Langley put himself about and made a good contribution, alas I suspect he’s a little on the small side for a second row. However, as I said earlier in the thread, he might be better at eight. Uru doesn’t have that edge, he’s just a bit passive unlike Tei who is the exact opposite and always steals more ground and never gives up the ball without a fight.

Posted by: 195Rich (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 09:02

Quote:
Connorman
Manny is a work in progress as he coverts to a prop from junior academy 8. Pretty tall for front row.

Interesting....I'd never seen him until last night, thought he might make a good no 8!

As it is he could turn into another Tiny, huge, strong in the scrum, mobile and physical in the loose, just might be a bit long in the back against a gnarly old prop.

Also impressed by Matavesi at flanker.

Harry getting back to his best when he went looking for work.

Some good prospects on the way I hope.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 09:33

Do we know why Sale turned up with only half a bench?

Posted by: Stockers (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 09:58

Quote:
Saint Stokey
Do we know why Sale turned up with only half a bench?

The other half had developed woodworm??😉

Date: 21 January, 2020 10:03

No commentary was great, almost like being there, just the sound of players, ref and supporters. Makes me wish that BT had sound options.

Audio options - Red button - Traditional rugby, no commentary. Green button - Annoying rugby, listening to meaningless prattle, coaching god Sanderson (complete with fawning comments), and terms like “Wolfpack”.

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 11:23

Quote:
smitferbrainz
No commentary was great, almost like being there, just the sound of players, ref and supporters. Makes me wish that BT had sound options.
Audio options - Red button - Traditional rugby, no commentary. Green button - Annoying rugby, listening to meaningless prattle, coaching god Sanderson (complete with fawning comments), and terms like “Wolfpack”.

For me Sanderson is on a par with Baxter. Of late I’ve started hitting the mute button till they’ve had the mike removed

Date: 21 January, 2020 11:33

Quote:
Dragonboy
Quote:
smitferbrainz

For me Sanderson is on a par with Baxter. Of late I’ve started hitting the mute button till they’ve had the mike removed

With you on that one but wouldn’t a non commentary audio option be something? I’ll email BT about it but I know the answer already. If Alastair Ekyn commentates Saracens games I now watch the game but mute the sound.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 11:35

it would be lovely if there could be a reflink option.

Alternatively, if you use one of the internet streaming sites, you could watch a different game or the same game through a different provider. I think they may have different commentators.

Posted by: fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 17:17

Quote:
StBleach
So good to be able to watch it live on FB but not the same without a bag of fish and chips..

Wasn't bad with a pint of guiness in one hand and a peppered steak pasty in the other.

Good crowd considering it's available on the net and how freaking cold it was

Posted by: SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 20:31

[quote smitferbrainz][quote Dragonboy][quote smitferbrainz]With you on that one but wouldn’t a non commentary audio option be something? I’ll email BT about it but I know the answer already. If Alastair Ekyn commentates Saracens games I now watch the game but mute the sound.[/quote]

I used to work with a guy who loved his F1, but hated the commentary so he used to watch with the sound muted and listen to the radio at the same time

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net