Saints International Ballot
Posted by: FlyHalfMatt (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 17:53

Has anyone else applied for Twickenham tickets in Saints International Ballot......? I was just wondering if in previous season ppl had been successful with this......?

Matt

Re: Saints International Ballot
Posted by: WesternWanderer (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 20:43

Managed to get tickets to an England France game in 6Ns a few years ago (the one that was a bit like a 7s game). Given the commitment of attending home matches I suspect that not that many apply?

Posted by: St. Andy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 01:49

Gave up on it a number of years ago. Twickenham, a 24 carat pain in the backside to get to and from. The seats were terrible and way too many hooray Henry's only interested in getting drunk and acting in a boorish manner.

Posted by: Abington Adam (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 09:32

Quote:
FlyHalfMatt
Has anyone else applied for Twickenham tickets in Saints International Ballot......? I was just wondering if in previous season ppl had been successful with this......?
Matt

I regularly got tickets through the ballot a few years ago but in recent seasons I've had no luck. I don't know if Saints have fewer tickets, more applicants or if my luck simply ran out! I've applied for tickets to the Wales game anyway.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Posted by: NottsSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 09:47

I have applied, and in the past been successful, however i hate the process....

basically, with virtually no notice, apply, and agree to pay, take a stab on the seat prices, and then with basically no notice, get told your successful, have the money taken from your account, sort trains/accommodation etc etc.

Its not like the rfu didnt know the games were happening far in advance to sort it out with a better system!

Posted by: ramseysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 10:20

I guess I'm lucky then. As a wheelchair season ticket holder I go into a separate ballot in November. I have been able to attend a match every year and have been fortunate enough to see last year's crazy Calcutta Cup match and the Irish grand slam a couple of years ago.
I have to give the RFU a big thank you as my tickets are free, one for me and one for my carer, I also get free parking at Tesco. It's a pain getting there with the traffic but worth it as the allocated seats are fantastic, either pitchside or in a covered designated area.
I know the RFU gets a bashing, but they do a good job with us disabled supporters.

Posted by: shiversaint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 17:24

Quote:
ramseysaint
I know the RFU gets a bashing

Which they unequivocally deserve, irrespective of your treatment.

Without meaning to be boorish, it's almost typical that they could get a situation like your own so right, and so much other stuff so wrong. An inept, inconsistent and pitiful organisation, not worthy of the credentials and historical significance they enjoy.

Posted by: FlyHalfMatt (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 12:22

Thanks for the responses, particularly good to hear ramseysaint's experience, my father (78yo) wants to go to Twickenham one last time so I put in for 4 tickets across the 2 home home games at the 100UKP level, I am not holding my breath but it would be great to get a couple at least.

Matt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net