Date: 14 February, 2020 09:26

[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

Seems as if Vassy has some new ideas.
They are planning for 60mph winds too

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Re: James Grayson on this week's game
Posted by: Londonsaint100 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 09:54

Good to hear the new defence coach appears to be taking control.

I really hope JG steps up on Sunday. Without wishing to state the b.....g obvious, the conditions are going to make it challenging for the half backs and his decision making will be crucial.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 10:00

Wind is one thing, its when it swirls and is unpredictable is when things get really tricky. It may be a day to keep ball in hand. Bristol may be expecting a day of kicking which may work well if we look to run the ball.

Having said that, we are blessed with Grayson, Hutchinson, Taylor and Harry who are all very capable with boot on ball. Perhaps that will give us the change in game plan to keep things changing. Taylor looks for the box kicks, Reinach looks to run.

Not that I'm advocating feined injuries, but should either Taylor or Reinach get a knock to the head, bringing on a 9 through HIA with a different tactic in mind may keep Bristol guessing and having to reorganise on the fly.

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 10:27

If its windy but dry then I expect us to run a lot, especially when the wind is at our backs. If its very wet though I suspect we will keep the kicks low and play territory.

Exciting anyway :-)

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 10:50

I think you need to give Grace a bit of time, it was only a couple of years back he was in National league2 with Leicester Lions, to step up to the difference in pace and physicality in the prem as quick as he has, shows the lad is full of promise for the future.

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 11:54

Thoughtful and experienced comments, thank you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net