Gloucester vs Exeter
Posted by: Awaywin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 21:14

Chiefs really turning the screw in the second half here. Great try started and finished by Hogg. The upcoming trips to a sandy Park are going to be some ask.

Re: Gloucester vs Exeter
Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 21:31

Perfect result so far

No bonus points

Exeter winning in winter conditions as expected but also show that last quarter we can run them ragged

Happy days indeed

Posted by: JohnI (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 21:36

Stevenson kicking excellent in the game and the difference between the teams in the end.

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 21:42

Steenson - gifted three easy penalties in the second half which extended their lead and Hogg's great try finished it off despite Glaws' belated surge

Date: 14 February, 2020 21:55

Loads of gaps in Exeter defence last 20

Hot summers May, massive Twickenham pitch

Iím VERY BULLISH on that game if we get there

Probably lose to them twice at Sandy Park before so the wingebags and Ajack will nicely lower expectations

Posted by: Big Chief Little Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 23:59

Hopefully see you there to find out!!

Both props played the full 80, not surprised there were a few gaps in the last fifteen! Probably be a much stronger team, most definitely a stronger bench come the play offs.

Having said that I've bought my final tickets already, so we'll lose in the semis this year!!!

PS. Any chance you could tell Cobus that Devon is better than the South of France?

Posted by: andysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 03:40

Exeter were very good value for the win even accounting for the final 15. Did what was needed and made few errors. Gloucester were a bit of a shambles at time, their execution and discipline quite poor.

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 08:15

Iím not sure that Glos are that good to be honest so no surprise that they were fairly well beaten. I think they were lucky to be awarded the Louis RZ try so the score flattered them. Hoggís try showed the true class he is. Good that there was no BPís. Donít think thereíll be many BPís this weekend. I think that there could be one or two postponements this weekend.

Date: 15 February, 2020 08:58

Glaws havenít recruited at all. They should have a squad like Sale.

Instead theyíve got Banahan at 15, an over the hill Cipriani, slow centres like Twelvetrees.

Just when that club is getting it right they make rubbish decisions.

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 09:41

No longer nailed on top 4 then ?

Posted by: SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 12:10

I was confused by Chuffs thinking in that game. Early on kicked for the corner "because no-one is better 5m out" and scored a try. Then to start kicking to the posts at every opportunity seemed strange. The first one or two maybe to get a decent gap but when they were two scores ahead with Gloss looking pretty toothless they continued. Would have thought they'd have turned the screw and gone for the TBP.

It would also have been nice to see them policed at the breakdown too....some VERY obvious "in from the sides" early on that were let go

Date: 15 February, 2020 15:06

So true on the breakdown Duncan but I think we need to be a little realistic about what the Ref can see

Our viewpoint on the TV is elevated. He is not sure at eye level but significantly shorter than most players, trying to gauge angles by looking between players, through gaps or behind him is tough. They need more help from the TJs.

Going off feet should be easier to see, itís very blatant. Rucking shouldnít allow running in and then diving at the last second.

Posted by: SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 18:04

I take your point in general WP, but the two incedents I was specifically thinking of were so blatant that these defences don't stack up.

I'd also suggest the Gloss knock on under the posts was due to a no arm tackle....but hey-ho

Posted by: chief in exile (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 07:09

We did ok against a wasps team in 2017 who were HC semi finalists and chucked the ball around. Daly, le roux, Robson, Cipriani, Gopperth, Wade didn't mind the sun as well.

Posted by: ajack (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:10

With Sarries now out of the picture the only way I can see Exeter not winning the championship is either they get really stretched getting to the final of the European cup or they have an injury crisis. Beyond that they can beat anybody upfront and have a backline at least as dangerous as ours, plus a better kicker and a more rounded game.

Having said that in any one off game a massive surprise is possible.

Date: 16 February, 2020 12:12

Thatís right Ajack, may as well engrave their name on the trophy now

Posted by: ajack (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 17:50

Quote:
Wilson Pickett
Thatís right Ajack, may as well engrave their name on the trophy now

I wouldn't go that far for the reasons I have given above. However you are entitled to your opinion, but not one I would agree with, but to be honest I don't agree with much of what you say.

Date: 16 February, 2020 18:27

I was joking 🙃

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net