Match Day Threads
Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 12:31

We will be trialling the single thread for match days again this week, last weeks thread flowed well and kept things easy to moderate and didn't clutter the board with duplicate threads

A thread will be created for all comments on the match about an hour before kick off, and new threads will be disabled until Saturday morning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2020 12:32 by Saint Ted.

Re: Match Day Threads
Posted by: Stockers (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 22:43

👍

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2020 08:16

If I dared mention FB on here this plan works well on the Saints Sinners group page.

Only the odd fight breaks out! (Sm100)

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2020 08:29

off topic but quote on FB yesterday by NYU professor Scott Galloway

“facebooks underlying business model is fuelled by rage. Sitting on top of that rage machine which creates rage and dissent among a population greater than the Southern Hemisphere plus India, it is controlled by a single voter shareholder class owned by one individual who got his start evaluating women on their physical appearance, screwed over his friends in college, totally screwed over his best friend out of college, demonstrates all the traits of a sociopath and is the most dangerous person on the planet who can’t be removed from office. He has brought in an individual and paid her $2bn to go on a charm tour to wrap herself in a pink blanket that delays and obfuscates the necessary regulation and scrutiny we provide to other organisations...”

kind of summarises why I don’t use it and would love a serious alternative to WhatsApp

Posted by: Flook (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2020 18:15

May I say Mods, that I think this idea is an excellent one, I used to find it so frustrating that the same points negative or positive were being made by the same contributors over multiple threads. Hopefully this practise is now at an end. Well done.

All we need now, is a individual filter that filters out comments by folks who you know will raise your blood pressure, then we have a perfect site.(Sm152)

Posted by: Matthew (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2020 20:17

I was sceptical last week; well converted to the idea now!

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net