Current Page: 1 of 48
Sarries and the Salary Cap Thread
Posted by: ajack (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2020 11:51

With seemingly many sporting events going to be played with nobody in the ground watching I feel it is only fair to congratulate Sarries on the ground breaking work and research they have done in this area.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2020 17:38 by Happywifehappylife.

Sarries and the salary cap thread
Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 16:05

This is now the Sarries and salary cap thread, keep all Sarries and salary cap discussion in here, any new threads on the subject will be deleted, we have too many.

Re: Sarries and the salary cap thread
Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 16:05

this has already won the longest thread ever prize

Posted by: Gwendoline (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 16:41

Thank you Saint Ted. Good idea to have it all in one place.

No individual player at Saracens was in control of the cap/payroll. That was managements job. And every player injured or fit has a contract. And expects to be paid. And any payments to end contracts early are part of the cap payments.
So how can Saracens get their currently overpaid squad back within the cap- starting half way through the season.
They are fielding a squad they admit is over the cap-and winning points with it every week.

I'm not looking for judgements about them - we have done all that elsewhere . I am looking for methods technically how the reduction can be done. How can they reduce their overall squad payroll ? I cannot see how it can be done without breaking existing contracts ? Anyone got any ideas ?

Date: 11 January, 2020 17:01

A fire sale of players to France (their cap is irrelevant, the ones that can afford to all cheat) or to Japan (their season started this weekend and loadsa money)

thatís about it

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 17:12

But surely the relevant discussion points are on the other threads. Deleting them is deleting well made points and we just start the discussion(s) all over again. Suggestion - just delete the Saracens cap threads in their entirety and tell posters the discussion is over, moving on. Just a thought.

Date: 11 January, 2020 17:12

Thank you for the response.

But would Saracens not still be legally liable for the unpaid balance of the contracts with Saracens- the payment of which would carry them over the Cap ?

Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 17:17

Quote:
smitferbrainz
But surely the relevant discussion points are on the other threads. Deleting them is deleting well made points and we just start the discussion(s) all over again. Suggestion - just delete the Saracens cap threads in their entirety and tell posters the discussion is over, moving on. Just a thought.

But the discussion *isn't* over.
If you're tired of it, and it's the single biggest issue in the game at the moment, don't read the threads.

Date: 11 January, 2020 17:21

I concur- The discussion is far from over . This is by no means over . And highly likely to happen again.

Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 17:29

Quote:
smitferbrainz

At no point have I said Iíll delete the other posts, Iíll just delete the new threads when they appear and repoint to this one.

People clearly still want to talk about it, which is fine, itís huge, but the problem at the minute is that itís just the same stuff getting repeated over and over, by keeping it all in one thread, it may stop the repetition of it all, on Monday Iíll put links up to the three years of salary cap regulations and if anything new and factual comes in, it can be linked to in the opening post.

Date: 11 January, 2020 17:31

Smitferbrainz, itís probably easier if you just ignore this thread?

Posted by: St Saltaire (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 17:34

Until Saracens can prove that they are operating under the cap the discussions will rightly continue.
A good idea to keep the thread as a single sticky though.
Thanks for your patience St Ted - it was clear that the Saracens threads were beginning to get to you.

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 17:37

and for those who wish to go over old ground all the original threads are still there - it just means if you have anything more/new to say it has to be done on the sticky.

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 17:40

By the way Ted the thread headed "Neil Golding new Sarries chairman" is still open and should probably be closed !

Posted by: ch saint (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 17:52

Quote:
shendy
Quote:
smitferbrainz

But the discussion *isn't* over.
If you're tired of it, and it's the single biggest issue in the game at the moment, don't read the threads.

Completely correct Shendy and point very well made.

Date: 11 January, 2020 17:52

Snitch tedge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2020 18:24 by Wilson Pickett.

Posted by: JohnI (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 18:09

Quote:
Gwendoline
They are fielding a squad they admit is over the cap-and winning points with it every week.?

Love you to show us all where that fact has Actually been published and factual or is it like lots of other so called Ďfactsí only an opinion.
I for one do not know what saracens have done this season to reduce their bill to get them under the cap and until the nominated officials undertake the checks they have said they will do during the season then all these opinions just lead to more animosity where itís not needed. To date they have been punished iaw the rules, rules which whether we agree are enough or not are there same as the argument about if the salary cap is large enough or not.

Date: 11 January, 2020 18:25

Yes JohnI

by my reckoning we have had:-

Official warning over cap breach
Multiple year cap breach and punishment
Pending current year cap break

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2020 18:27 by Wilson Pickett.

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 19:29

And they'd still be cheating and amassing more top quality players that other teams may have had to let go, if they hadn't been caught because they would still be looking for loopholes and workarounds...instead of declaring them..to get an advantage and cheat the whole league.

Contemptible premediatated process and MO which was set in motion seasons ago.

Why the authorities think the 'punishment' anywhere near fits the crime is mindbogglinly inept....
I think that is the biggest question...what sort of stewardship is there, and I'd look at the RPL and the RFU for that (RPL for incompetance on a gross scale and the RFU for undue influence in the process).....and if that is true, then they will look as corrupt as the Saracens club..

I'd hope CVC are looking at their product they are trying to sell and looking to bang heads....

Why this isnt over is because it hasnt been dealt with at all well...

Date: 11 January, 2020 19:50

Systematic cheating will be deeply imbedded in their culture and it will take years for them to sort or to unpick all the deals not exposed yet. Sarries will never be able to prove they are innocent and nor will any other clubs fans forgive them for cheating

they would not have the team, academy or facilities they have now if they hadnít cheated. Remember they got found out for specific seasons but were let off by other clubs previously (ohh how I bet they regret that now)

The punishment no where matches the crime. I donít accept the hog wash that players were innocent they were at minimum complacent if not accepting.

What Sarries have done is no better than playing with 15 drug cheats.

I think they should be thrown out of the league or other teams refuse to play them they are not worthy of our time or their position.

It is sad that their ďfansĒ are still aggressively supporting the club and arguing there is no problem

If you are so needing to win on an unfair basis they may as well go and watch a formula one race car race a snail

Current Page: 1 of 48
This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net