Callum Gibbins
Posted by: ramseysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2020 18:01

I've just read that Callum Gibbins is leaving Glasgow Warriors, there's nothing about where he's going but he's a flanker/number 8 and a former Hurricanes player, unfortunately I haven't been able to travel to the chippy or I would have started a rumour there.

Re: Callum Gibbins
Posted by: fleetg (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2020 18:10

Pretty light for an 8 ; 2kg lighter than Tei.
Not saying that's a terrible thing but if we are to sign an 8, I'd like a different option i.e a fairly bulky yet still mobile such as a Manoa or Thomas the Tank type.

Posted by: Tidy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2020 18:38

I just read that on the BBC and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up here. Played under Boyd, co-captain at Glasgow. 31 and probably wouldn't cost much

Posted by: HerbieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2020 18:43

Saw this and thought "too old" and then I realised that he's about a week older than me, so now I think this is an excellent opportunity to sign a talented youngster*

I think this would fit the bill as a stopgap second choice signing (much like Eadie to be honest) while we develop internally or look for a longer term and younger signing.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2020 19:12

I'm guessing Brad Shields is no longer on the cards then?

Posted by: expeeler (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2020 19:25

Serious question. Whenever we talk about ‘signing stop gaps whilst we develop Acadamy back row options’. Who do we have there who is catching the eye and ripping up tree stumps?

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2020 20:56

Tonks. Uru. Newman have all been mentioned on here recently As young back rows in waiting but so much depends on where they are in their personal development and if the coaches think they are ready, or indeed, I’m good enough. Sometimes a short term fix is needed to give the next generation another year to grow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net