Wot we need innit
Posted by: Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 12:59

I've been thinking, it happens, and the best I've come up with bearing in mind a worldwide vaccine may be a few days off yet is :-
How about a disposable (+compostable) breathalyser test that shows the first moment a person is infected? Supporters / players and officials could take one at the car park or suitable space. Same for planes, in fact at every point of contact. Each of us would then know early if we were infected and could be treated accordingly. Medically that is.
Now the only flaw as I see it is that no such test exists or is even talked about. I must admit it is a bit of a problem.
Having blood taken or a swab put in an alcohol saturated mouth and then waiting 3 days in the car park has it's drawbacks.
I see this as a greater priority than a vaccine but always hope people have a different opinion to mine.

The garden is looking good, the lawn is distressed, I'm halfway through the painting but God I miss the rugby. I have been slammed on here for mentioning the non PC mickey taking that takes place on our journeys but crying with laughter is what I need right now. Good grief I've done as I've been told for weeks now, time to be free.

Anyone else got any silly ideas?

Re: Wot we need innit
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 13:59

I see that Northamptonshire County Cricket Club has been airing a possible way of getting spectators into the County Ground simply by reducing the capacity from 6K to 1.5K and ensuring social distancing within the ground. Might work although they presumably would have to erect barriers in stands at 2 metre intervals up, down and along and it would still be difficult to police.

If it is allowed and works I don't see why it couldn't be done at FG. The only problem Saints would have is who would get tickets. If they reduced capacity to 25 % that would mean an maximum attendance of say 4K so half the STH's wouldn't get in even if they wanted to.

Just mulling idly like.

Date: 27 May, 2020 17:38

The trouble with this track and trace malarkey is that it will it will be dreadful if things are opened up too soon and several of our supporters subsequently die in one area.
I can't be bothered to look it up but what was the result of the enquiry into the average age of our supporters, was it 50? Age is a big part where risk factors are concerned.
Now you see by being sensible Tedge you've got me down again. Down the garden to my secret beer store methinks.

Posted by: saint krige (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 17:43

I guess one option would be having as many fans under 40 as possible.

I think it sounds quite complex with FG layout. County ground is quite dispersed so could work a bit better.

Posted by: Toulousian Firefighter (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 18:48

Can't we all just say we're going to FG to test our eyesight?

Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 19:27

Quote:
saint krige
I guess one option would be having as many fans under 40 as possible.
I think it sounds quite complex with FG layout. County ground is quite dispersed so could work a bit better.

I am strongly against this.

Make it under 42 and Iím on board.

Date: 27 May, 2020 20:12

Two metres is of no use if people shout or sing. How about if we allow one person on each side over 87?

Posted by: Sussex Phil (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2020 07:28

Quote:
Hantsaintsrus4
How about if we allow one person on each side over 87?

Will they be wearing purple shorts?

(Sm128)

Posted by: Shire (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2020 09:15

Re Name the club Durham Saints for the season then anyone can go and allow the ref to use the games to check his eyesight.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2020 10:36

Quote:
Shire
Re Name the club Durham Saints for the season then anyone can go and allow the ref to use the games to check his eyesight.

(Sm6)

Date: 30 May, 2020 11:39

I know it's an old one now but a 'Durham' in golf is a long drive that goes out of bounds but there is no penalty.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net