Current Page: 1 of 4
Boydy confirms Isiekwe loan
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 20:06

On the forum - said he wasn't keen to begin with but couldn't find a suitable replacement for Brussow

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 27/05/2020 20:52 by tedge.

Re: Boydy confirms Iznieki loan
Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 20:16

I'll just pad that out a bit....

As Tedge says, Boyd wasn't keen at first, but has been looking for a replacement for Brussow for over 12 months and the right player hasn't been available, this loan signing for a year gives Boyd an Extra 12 months to find that right guy for the job

So, Boyd was probably of the same opinion as a lot of people on here about taking players on loan for a year, but has seen in this scenario, it makes sense.

Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 20:22

As some head explode :-)

Welcome Nick
Letís hope you wonít want to go back
Great signing

Posted by: andysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 20:22

Donít agree with other clubs doing it and donít agree with saints doing it. Sorry as good as player he is I do not like the concept.

Posted by: higgy365 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 20:36

Basic manners would suggest getting his name right: Isiekwe, Nick.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 20:36

Just to check... Is this Nick Isiekwe?

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 20:38

Assuming you mean Isiekwe. You've got a good un there (though I might be biased), I have no doubt he'll give his all as he always does.

Posted by: Born_Again_Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 20:45

This is a fantastic signing, even if only for a year. He's played Test rugby, can cover lock and back row, and if there is no break between the end of this season and next you can bet we'll need numbers in those areas.

Well done Boydy Ė let's just hope he sees the light and stays at the Gardens next summer!

Posted by: LadySaint77 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 20:48

Really pleased with that signing. Welcome Nick.

Re: Boydy confirms Isiekwe loan
Posted by: HerbieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 21:28

I'm sure he will be a great player for us and contribute well in his 12 months with us but I just can't shake the feeling that Sarries benefit more than us from this arrangement.

Posted by: OldMarovian (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 21:43

Quote:
tedge
... couldn't find a suitable replacement for Brussow

That's interesting. Before the season ended Nick has been playing 6 for us and doing so very well so it makes more sense to me now (I had wondered how he fitted into your roster of locks)

Best of luck to him and I hope that he can prove the doubters wrong about his value to you over the next season.

Posted by: shiversaint (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 21:56

Quote:
OldMarovian
Best of luck to him and I hope that he can prove the doubters wrong about his value to you over the next season.

Few would doubt his objective value. I imagine the doubters are more disappointed with the ethical implications, it benefits Saracens in the long term, and many of us think the players bear a responsibility over the saga too.

Posted by: saint krige (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 22:01

This is from next season, not July 1st, is that correct?

Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 22:05

Boyd said that there had been no movement on contract dates for any players, so should be from 1st July.

Actually, that could be rubbish, itís a season long loan and as heís still a Sarries player, I assume he can still play for Sarries this season.

Wait till tomorrow when the official announcement is made

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/05/2020 22:09 by Saint Ted.

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 22:39

He also made it clear that Reinach is contracted to Montpellier from 1st July so it would depend on when Isiekwe's begins

Posted by: Tarnelo (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 22:42

Much as some hope he will stay, you can be certain that he has already signed for Saracens for the following season(s).

Posted by: fleetg (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 22:59

Perfectly happy with this news.
Saints get a quality backrower (or lock) for a season whilst Coles (who can also play lock or back row) for example gets to develop further for another season and in the meantime Boydy (who is a very shrewd and calm operator) keeps his very beady eyes out.

Posted by: Jim O'D (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 23:25

Also, just to note, when asked about Nick having the option to stay with Saints at the end of the year, Boydy and Mark Darbon did a zipping motion on their lips and were chuckling to themselves, so maybe Nick has a clause to stay if he wants to.
I think he'll be a great addition, but I also hope he can stay. Let's hope he will like the Saints pack mentality more than the Wolfpack one! winking smiley

Posted by: Abington Adam (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2020 00:16

Hopefully there's a view to a permanent signing, otherwise this feels like s***cens are getting the better end of the deal. Loanees in football are a mixed bag, with some putting in a great shift and others treading water knowing that they've no long term investment in their current club. Hopefully Nick buys into the Saints culture and does a job for us, but right now I'm not jumping for joy.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Posted by: shiversaint (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2020 00:52

Quote:
Jim O'D
Also, just to note, when asked about Nick having the option to stay with Saints at the end of the year, Boydy and Mark Darbon did a zipping motion on their lips and were chuckling to themselves, so maybe Nick has a clause to stay if he wants to.

Now that is interesting. One can only speculate but that definitely feels like there's something going on there.

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net