Travis Perkins Dream Team
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2020 09:48

t'Offy

The choice of no. 9 for me sits firmly between Jeeps and Dawson, both of whom possessed the all round game that perhaps the other candidates didn't. Although I saw Jeeps play I can't remember enough about him to make the comparison with Daws so I plumped for the latter.

Re: Travis Perkins Dream Team
Posted by: Saint Robert (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2020 13:27

Scrum halves in Jeeps era played the game differently making it difficult to compare. Both Dawson and Jeeps were fine players but Jeeps just edges it for me. Cant really explain why so must be sentimentality!

Posted by: Stillgrinning (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2020 09:00

I remember Jacko well (not old enough to remember Jeeps - although I must have been around to see him play) and he was a firm favourite with me. Vastly undervalued by England and shone when he did get a chance, which, for whatever reason, wasn't often.

He gets my vote for that reason, and for the dedication he showed to his craft and to the Saints during an interesting era - although I could easily have voted for Dawson or Lee Dickson (another really solid and loyal performer). Dawson changed the way scrumhalves played the game and was your typical yappy nippy terrier like stereotype before it had really caught on as such. For me he changed the course of a Lions series with one dummy and I shall always remember seeing it whilst sheltering in a bar at Lords during a convenient and well timed rain break.

Happy days

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2020 10:11

I've gone for Cobus. I remember back to Dawson and obviously appreciate what he accomplished. Kahn was arguably the no. 1 in the world at the time and what he did in 2014 with Dickson was amazing but for pure excitement and edge of the seat spectacle, Cobus has edged it for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net