Toulon v Saints 2008
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2020 16:29

Anyone who made the trip for this Challenge Cup match in the first season back after promotion must have had a great weekend. If you want a reminder of probably Saints best ever away performance in Europe have a gander.

Full match

Re: Toulon v Saints 2008
Posted by: Aberavon Wizard (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2020 19:17

It was and we did !

Posted by: Christy (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2020 15:28

thanks Tedge. Will watch this evening. PS very good match. Just checked my diary for 2008 and discovered I went to Toulon by train, why do I not remember? I can remember Biarritz, so why not Toulon? Didn't we play nearly every rugby club in south west France? Clermont, Toulouse, Pau, Montpellier. Who have I missed? They all just merge into one long enjoyable weekend of rugby, french food and bars after match.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/05/2020 12:48 by Christy.

Posted by: Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2020 18:12

It was one helluva trip. Learning the words to Le Pilou Pilou in the Banana Bar before the game & then crowd surfing outside it later.

The weather was stunning so we also had a day on the beach - great memories

Posted by: manxsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2020 23:45

Thanks, Tedge - that brought back some wonderful memories of a truly fantastic trip - and a truly fantastic performance
by Saints!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net