Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Donate, Credit, Voucher or Refund....
Posted by: ramseysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2020 10:42

Quote:
NobbyClarke
If any matches actually get played in front of a real crowd, should those that "donated" get first option in the ticket ballot?
Thoughts?

I'm sure me and other wheelchair season ticket holders could attend, even under current restrictions. We bring our own chair, we have allocated space with a gap between and our carers could sit almost anywhere in the stadium easily maintaining a 2m gap.

Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2020 13:51

Quote:
NobbyClarke
If any matches actually get played in front of a real crowd, should those that "donated" get first option in the ticket ballot?
Thoughts?

Whatever the club do in this situation, people are going to kick off.

In my opinion, those who donated shouldnít get first refusal.

Itís clear in all the articles on the matter that this is a donation and as a thank you, you get a scarf and your name in the Fabric of the away shirt.

Iíve happily donated, but my situation lets me do that, Itís probably not right that I should be given preferential treatment over somebody else that through reasons beyond their control they arenít in that position.

Iím concerned that in the unlikely event that matches are open to some supporters, despite the fact it clearly says tickets would be resold to people, some people who have donated will kick off at having to shell out again.

In my view, season ticket holders, regardless of the option they chose should be able to opt into a ballot for tickets and I would hope those tickets arenít at the usual prices, but at the price they would have been prorated on a season ticket. At the minute the club are expecting no money from those matches, so any income is a bonus.

Posted by: fleetg (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2020 13:52

I don't think that those who "donated" should get first option in any ticket ballot. All season ticket holders should have equal chance regardless of the option they chose (they are no less a supporter or entitled to attend in my view).

Posted by: Saint Tim (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2020 15:52

Quote:
fleetg
I don't think that those who "donated" should get first option in any ticket ballot. All season ticket holders should have equal chance regardless of the option they chose (they are no less a supporter or entitled to attend in my view).

Absolutely correct - just because I am in the position to donate does not make me a better class of season ticket holder. The club are very clear the peoples circumstances are very different.

Posted by: ancient mariner (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2020 19:08

Quote:
Saint Tim
Quote:
fleetg

Absolutely correct - just because I am in the position to donate does not make me a better class of season ticket holder. The club are very clear the peoples circumstances are very different.

+1

Posted by: NobbyClarke (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2020 22:14

Quote:
Saint Tim
Quote:
fleetg

Saint Tim, not suggesting that any supporter is better than another, but assuming the balloted tickets are to be paid for, those credited or refunded have been given the money back to pay. Those that donated would effectively be paying twice! While the donaters may all be in a position to waive a refund, being asked to pay twice puts them at a disadvantage.

Date: 20 June, 2020 22:59

Thats made quite clear though in the email and article, any monies that you could get back have been donated, anything that happens after this re being able to watch the matches is entirely separate

Posted by: PelerinStJames (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2020 05:47

What about offering some form of priority to any ST holders who are NHS staff or key workers?

Date: 21 June, 2020 09:20

That would serve to be a bit of a problem for the club as you would either have to trust everybody entering the ballot is telling the truth about there profession or they would have to get proof, but checking that is time consuming.

Straight ballot from 2019/20 season ticket holders is the easiest and fairest method.

(I would get in the ballot for NHS and key workers, so no bias by the way)

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2020 11:08

Quote:
Saint Ted

Straight ballot from 2019/20 season ticket holders is the easiest and fairest method.

+1

Posted by: LadySaint77 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 June, 2020 17:53

Quote:
ThornbySaint
Quote:
NottsSaint
Your name being on the away shirt strikes me as being a bit, we can double our money, we dont sell *many away shirts and this will boost those sales.
If it was the home shirt I would feel better about it tbh.
It kind of feels like a decision made my a marketing/accountant team trying to milk it a bit ....

Or it could just be the practicalities of etching onto a light grey away shirt rather than a predominantly black and dark green home shirt.

Good on the club for getting out early and making the offer and options clear.

you don't have to buy it?

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net