Stockers Declines Contract Extension
Posted by: Stockers (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 12:53

As contracts are all the rage at the moment.....

Having signed up as a club Vice President in 1988, the year of the committee revolution and the re-birth of Saints, it is with a heavy heart that the Fair Lady Helen and I will not be renewing our season tickets at FG.

It isn't that we have fallen out of love with the Club, far from it, but we are moving house to Dorset so getting to games at Jimmy's End will be a bit more difficult. I reflect that I kept our season tickets on when we lived in Scotland in the late 1990's but with me being clinically vulnerable and shielding due to Covid-19 it's all just a bit too tricky.

Needless to say, when Saints are away at Bath, Bristol or Exeter, we'll be there, or occasionally at FG when we can. It will be strange not looking forward to matches at FG but we will have a house to renovate so have plenty to keep us occupied. And there's the telly.

And the finals at Twickers/assorted European venues etc....

Like Longers, I'll keep chipping in on here from afar and following the Club's fortunes with as much interest as ever. The world is quite a small place thanks to internet.

The future is very bright, the contract renewals send a very big message to our opponents and with a great management/coaching team in place, I'm sure great times await!

Re: Stockers Declines Contract Extension
Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 13:21

Quote:
Stockers
As contracts are all the rage at the moment.....
Having signed up as a club Vice President in 1988, the year of the committee revolution and the re-birth of Saints, it is with a heavy heart that the Fair Lady Helen and I will not be renewing our season tickets at FG.

It isn't that we have fallen out of love with the Club, far from it, but we are moving house to Dorset so getting to games at Jimmy's End will be a bit more difficult. I reflect that I kept our season tickets on when we lived in Scotland in the late 1990's but with me being clinically vulnerable and shielding due to Covid-19 it's all just a bit too tricky.

Needless to say, when Saints are away at Bath, Bristol or Exeter, we'll be there, or occasionally at FG when we can. It will be strange not looking forward to matches at FG but we will have a house to renovate so have plenty to keep us occupied. And there's the telly.

And the finals at Twickers/assorted European venues etc....

Like Longers, I'll keep chipping in on here from afar and following the Club's fortunes with as much interest as ever. The world is quite a small place thanks to internet.

The future is very bright, the contract renewals send a very big message to our opponents and with a great management/coaching team in place, I'm sure great times await!

I hope you can keep your sense of humour from afar, Stockers, mine is sorely challenged sometimes! But try to get across to Chard RFC, I can assure you of a good reception there. (Or I could share my hooky website link with you so that you can watch?). And should Saints draw Toulouse in any European cups, come and see us.

Enjoy Dorset.

Date: 01 July, 2020 15:03

Thanks Longers, will do.

I think North Dorset is our closest senior club with Sherborne a little further away. And Blandford RFC just down the road.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 15:23

Good luck in the move Stockers, wishing you health and happiness.

Date: 01 July, 2020 15:50

Quote:
Stopsy
Good luck in the move Stockers, wishing you health and happiness.

Ta very much my learned friend!

What's occurring at the Roundabout? Much trouble and strife it seems?

Posted by: StBleach (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 15:59

Good luck to you both in Dorset

Posted by: Lloydie (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 16:10

Best wishes Stockers good luck with the next chapter

Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:48

Good luck Stockers and the fair maid Helen. Maybe we can meet up in Italy or the like? Certainly at the games you mentioned.
Keep safe
(Sm128)

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Posted by: Saint Tim (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:56

Good luck in Dorset sir. I will miss bumping into you and the lovely Helen at the gardens.

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 21:57

Enjoy the next chapter in your life mate smiling smiley

Posted by: BerniesBestFriend (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 10:36

Good luck and good health to you both.

Posted by: Saintsby (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 11:33

I wish you and the fair lady Helen all the very bestest of times in Dorsetshire. I too will miss seeing you both at FG. Hope we will bump into you both sur le continent. Ahh memories of Treviso. (Sm128) buona fortuna e alla prossima Ciao!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 11:39 by Saintsby.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 11:55

All that happens at the Roundabout is a well choreographed long term plan. We're only pretending to be a complete shambles and poor shadow of our previous selves. If only!

Posted by: ajack (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2020 11:15

Good luck with the move captain, stay safe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net