Saints announce temporary salary cut
Posted by: BrianB (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 15:06

Re: Saints announce temporary salary cut
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 15:13

A sensible and pragmatic response by all concerned and no doubt softened by yesterdayís announcement about contract extensions ( for the players ).

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 16:59

I don't know if it's Mark Darbon, John White, or someone else on the board, but they really do have their collective sh*t together.

Thank goodness they're ours.

Posted by: Saint Tim (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:58

I agree we seem to have navigated these stormy waters rather well so far.

I am very grateful the the leadership of the club, White, Darbon and Boyd are such good people.

Posted by: Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 18:05

Quote:
Longers
I don't know if it's Mark Darbon, John White, or someone else on the board, but they really do have their collective sh*t together.

I suspect it's a team effort. This type of issue cannot be sorted unless all the top management are on the same page.

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 18:07

Quote:
Sans Culottes
Quote:
Longers

I suspect it's a team effort. This type of issue cannot be sorted unless all the top management are on the same page.

Absolutely.

But even then, it takes some serious management competence to deliver, where people are involved!

Posted by: banburyst (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 18:17

Impressive from all concerned, players, staff and management. Discussions where peoples livelihoods are at stake are never easy for either party (been involved form both sides), speak volumes from the culture within Saints.

Posted by: LadySaint77 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 20:39

I agree, it's a great effort from everyone involved in the management of the club.

Posted by: St Saltaire (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 22:03

Well done all. A very sensible and pragmatic course of action. Letís hope for the success that this teamwork deserves!

Posted by: Saint Bernie (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 07:36

Absolutely - itís great to see the club with such open and positive leadership and management at the helm, particularly through such tricky times. It will only help bring security and reassurance to the players and of course us supporters.

Looking forward to getting back to the Gardens asap!

Címon you Saints!

Posted by: HerbieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 15:41

The improvement in the professionalism and quality of management since John White took over as Chairman has been remarkable. He's made some very astute hires (Mark Darbon, Chris Boyd, Tim Percival and more) and then has empowered them to lead and deliver in their respective areas. Under his and Darbon's leadership the club feels like a 21st century business, not just an old-fashioned club run by "good rugby chaps".

Not sure I'll get used to us being the well-run outfit and Tigers being the basket case.

Posted by: Saint Maul (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 08:26

Quote:
HerbieSaint
The improvement in the professionalism and quality of management since John White took over as Chairman has been remarkable. He's made some very astute hires (Mark Darbon, Chris Boyd, Tim Percival and more) and then has empowered them to lead and deliver in their respective areas. Under his and Darbon's leadership the club feels like a 21st century business, not just an old-fashioned club run by "good rugby chaps".
Not sure I'll get used to us being the well-run outfit and Tigers being the basket case.

+1

Posted by: renko (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 15:20

it seems Saints have taken a plaster to the problem that will help the club through the short term but may well have to be revisited if there are no games with crowds until the New Year plus negotiations are needed to reduce salaries under the lower cap season 21/22. Tigers on the other hand have treated the patient with an operation - possibly an over reaction with all the pain and shock that it involves but the patient can start the recovery quickly and is prepared for the revised salary capped mid term future. Time will tell which is the best approach. I hope both clubs can come out the other side

Posted by: BrianB (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 09:25

Or Tigers are using a sledgehammer to crack a nut?

Posted by: renko (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 15:34

i picked a different metaphor but that's what is what I said.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net