Piers Francis
Posted by: manxsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 10:54

From the Chron - Piers is full of praise for the way Saints have handled a difficult situation.

[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

Re: Piers Francis
Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 11:00

Quote:
manxsaint
From the Chron - Piers is full of praise for the way Saints have handled a difficult situation.
[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

Good reading.

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 12:33

Wouldn't it be great if Piers could stay injury and concussion free, perhaps improve his tackling technique a bit and he could be a very influential centre over the next season.

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2020 22:51

Quote:
tedge
Wouldn't it be great if Piers could stay injury and concussion free, perhaps improve his tackling technique a bit and he could be a very influential centre over the next season.

Definite +1. I must confess to being underwhelmed when we signed him and hes had so many injuries, however when he does get game time hes nearly always really good. Quick, creative and a real worker with the skills to run a game from 10 if required. Im delighted hes extended and hope that he stays injury free. Hes been so unlucky and he deserves to be healthy. If he can stay fit and his form clicks we could be devastating in the backs as we were at times earlier this season.

Posted by: LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 10:42

I think our backline looks better with him fit and firing, he's an organiser and a second pair of eyes and boot for the 10. Typical Kiwi player (yes I know he's EQ but played a lot of rugby over there) in that the basics are good which tends to make others look good around him.

This kind of publicity will have long term implications for recruitment and retention, I appreciate that some clubs are in slightly different positions financially but the way contracts have been dealt with says a lot. Yes clubs are under pressure financially, yes agents probably aren't helping in some cases but the main difference just seems to be respect for the players, if you have it you sit them down and go through the position and make a clear offer with as much time as possible, if you don't you leave it as late as possible, give them an offer with no explanation and hope for the best!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net