Reihana has a new job
Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2020 18:21

After leaving his skills role at Bristol - attack & backs coach at Clifton, a National 2 South team so an interesting career move.
[www.cliftonrugby.co.uk]

At least he won't have to move house.
They are within walking distance (just) of me, so perhaps I ought to go to a game in a Saints shirt - when spectating is a thing again.

Re: Reihana has a new job
Posted by: jimmies (IP Logged)
Date: 28 July, 2020 21:25

I thought it odd too.....maybe a pathway to a head coach role

Date: 28 July, 2020 21:35

Yeah, my assumption too - go down a level or two, take more responsibility in a less pressured environment, and learn & develop for a couple of years.
Can't be much money there though, but if you're able make a short-term sacrifice for long term gain...

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2020 08:57

Also in current environment, there isnít going to be a lot out there

As stated above, he can get some experience but doesnít have the grief and expense of having to move smiling smiley

Posted by: Awaywin (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2020 16:47

Is he a good coach? Or is that the level he needs to cut his teeth at? Ex-players don't automatically make good coaches. It always seems ludicrous to me that people expect players to walk into coaching roles at the top end.

Date: 29 July, 2020 17:21

He's done 2-3 seasons as skills coach at Bristol, not entirely sure why he left, no idea how good he was in the role.
I agree on ex-players going into coaching - I think it's a good thing that he's (presumably) learning before trying to get a high profile job.

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2020 18:16

For an ex player like Reihana to go down a level to a club such as Clifton, can only be good for the club.

Whether it is good for the coach is another question, as the lessons he may learn are not necessarily the questions he would face in the Premiership.

My concern is Clifton RFC itself. Many negative comments about the club given its catchment area. Its facilites are phenomenal, courtesy of a city centre ground being sold off and moving to the outskirts, years ago.

Good luck to him.

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2020 22:27

Quote:
Longers
My concern is Clifton RFC itself. Many negative comments about the club given its catchment area. Its facilites are phenomenal, courtesy of a city centre ground being sold off and moving to the outskirts, years ago.
Good luck to him.

Aww so like OAs (Old Albans) who so,d there old ground to Tescoís or another big supermarket chain, they got a. Ew state of the art club house, all facilities and a bucket load of money..,

Then Sarries, when at Watford, decided to use it as their training ground, then admin Center!

So sadly the one club is destroying the other 2 in a St Albans, especially at mini and junior levels, and also why their first team shot up the leagues, firstly money, then Sarries academy players

Fair dues to them, but I dont like way itís affected the other clubs in the city

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2020 22:30 by Neil-H.

Posted by: ajack (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 08:45

Does anyone know if he chose to leave Bristol or was he asked to leave?

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 09:15

Quote:
Neil-H
Quote:
Longers
Good luck to him.

Aww so like OAs (Old Albans) who so,d there old ground to Tescoís or another big supermarket chain, they got a. Ew state of the art club house, all facilities and a bucket load of money..,

Then Sarries, when at Watford, decided to use it as their training ground, then admin Center!

So sadly the one club is destroying the other 2 in a St Albans, especially at mini and junior levels, and also why their first team shot up the leagues, firstly money, then Sarries academy players

Fair dues to them, but I dont like way itís affected the other clubs in the city

Old Albanians - worst bar service in the Hertfordshire rugby area!

Date: 30 July, 2020 10:33

Quote:
ajack
Does anyone know if he chose to leave Bristol or was he asked to leave?

No idea tbh

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 July, 2020 13:30

Quote:
Awaywin
Is he a good coach? Or is that the level he needs to cut his teeth at? Ex-players don't automatically make good coaches. It always seems ludicrous to me that people expect players to walk into coaching roles at the top end.

Bruce also has a few years coaching experience in France with Bordeaux

Posted by: Saint Medard (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2020 14:30

Quote:
Dragonboy
Quote:
Awaywin

Bruce also has a few years coaching experience in France with Bordeaux

I think he started as fitness and conditioning coach there so he seems to be gradually increasing his area of expertise. We saw him play for Bordeaux at Brive and he happily posed for a photo with a Saints scarf round his neck.

Posted by: fleetg (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2020 23:31

Still think he may appear at the Gardens again the future !

Posted by: Awaywin (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 17:14

Quote:
fleetg
Still think he may appear at the Gardens again the future !

I am personally hoping that we see Pat Lam here in the future and not in the capacity of a Bristol coach

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net