Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Salarysins titles nedd to be expunged from record books
Posted by: Saint_Kenneth
Date: 22/01/2020 01:30
Why were they given the option to chose between opening their books or being relegated? Surely they should have been forced into opening their accounts if they wanted to ever be allowed back into the Premiership again.

I don't think PRL have handled this well at all. People (Nigel Wray at the top of the list) should be given life bans. Can we really assume that Mark McCall knew nothing about the budgets he was working under and the wages of his players? Surely he must know the cap constraints or he'd try and sign even more of the world's best players?

Are the players that accepted the 'extra' cash totally innocent? Is being ignorant an acceptable defence? It isn't in criminal law. When you work in a job where the amount of money you are being paid has to fall under a limit and someone offers you more money via a joint venture, do you really not ask questions about its 'legality' within the rules?

As for the trophies and titles, well they should be null and void. I don't want some Sarries supporter in 2050 (should the club survive) boasting about how successful they were in this period of time. The shame of being found out as cheats should live with them in the history books forever. I wonder if next years kit will have their little stars on it for the titles that they've corruptly won?

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net