Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Borthwick - official
Posted by: Dreadnought
Date: 22/01/2020 13:59
Quote:
RushdenTiger (KT at work)
Quote:
Dreadnought
The "Peter Principle" is therefore expressed as: "In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence." This leads to Peter's Corollary: "In time, every post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent to carry out its duties."
Indeed I have witnessed this principle in action in my 35 year career. However, in Murphys case I believe his performance record shows he is demonstrably incompetent to carry out his current duties in his current role (Head Coach).

So Murphy has been promoted three levels higher than his competence (player, skills coach, Head Coach and DOR)

This questions the competence of all those that decided his incompetence in his previous and current role should be rewarded by promoting him even further beyond his competence.

A couple of things which intrigue me re the 'Peter Principle'. No offence intended Mr Dreadnought but had you reached your final promotion when you witnessed it in action? If so had do you know you were witnessing it competently.

No offence taken I witnessed this when I first went from the shop floor into management. When I retired I had been promoted 5 grades and no doubt others probably thought I had been promoted beyond my competence

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net